Official GIGABYTE Forum

Your views about this forum

Pottypete

Re: Your views about this forum
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 11:17:45 am »
Hello vant@ge,
Welcome to the forum,
Your English is a lot better than my French mate, :-[
Visited your website and using a language page translator it's very informative,
Your ideas sound great to me and I hope some of them may be implemented on this site,
Keep up the good work,
Regards
Pottypete

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 03:56:41 pm »
thx ;)

If you have any question, you can let me a PM or a mail.

I have some additionnal ideas to present to you:

---> Some members may also submit their test and / or opinions on their products
for example, I made a lots of presentation of products:
[Article] GIGABYTE: Ultra Durable 3 : PCB nouvelle génération
[Dossier] CM Intel - Présentation de la GA-EX58-UD5 et GA-EX58-Extreme
[Dossier] La 9800GT selon Gigabyte
[Dossier] Présentation de la ATI RADEON HD4670
[Dossier] Présentation de la HD4870X2 selon Gigabyte
[Dossier] Présentation de la GA-EP45-DS4
[Dossier] Présentation de la GA-EP45-Extreme
...etc...

---> The Gigabyte's staff or the forum's members can also make a data base of software very usefull. See the following topics:
Liens utiles : Service Packs, Mises à jour, outils systèmes
Base de donnée des utilitaires

---> It could be interresting for you to put a link on resellers websites
For exemple, if a french user goes into the  materiel.net's website, a link is gave to go to the Gigabyte's forum, permitting to ask some questions or having some additionnal informations.

See this example: (see bottom of page):
http://www.materiel.net/ctl/Socket_775/38923-GA_EP45_DQ6.html
in the bottom you have:

<< Remarques importantes :
Tips Materiel.net !
Trouvez plus d’informations sur ce produit sur le forum officiel Gigabyte France !>>

Translation:
<<Important:
Tips Materiel.net!
Find more information about this product on the official forum Gigabyte France>>

This solution permit to gain a lots of new members

...etc...

if other ideas come to me, I will inform you

See you ;)

[edit: I think a little thing too, it would be interesting for everyone to increase the display width of the forum, or to make the display adaptive, thus allowing displaying to be the widest as possible if you use a 17" screen or a 22" screen for example]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 04:04:08 pm by Vant@ge »

Badbonji

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 10:59:32 am »
+1 about the display thing, I have a 24" and it only takes up 1/3 of the screen width!
Core i7 965 @ 4.35Ghz 1.37Vcore
6Gb G.Skill 1600Mhz DDR3 @ 1740Mhz 8-8-8-20 1T
HIS HD5970 @ 800/1100
Gigabyte Extreme X58
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty
256GB M4 + 150GB Raptor
EK Supreme HF/GTX480/MCP655/EK Res :D

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 08:29:43 am »
Hi Vant@ge

many thanks again for even more input from you! yes that's really interesting
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

FluX

• Don't blame me... it worked fine b4 you touched it
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 12:12:56 pm »
+1 about the display thing, I have a 24" and it only takes up 1/3 of the screen width!

Me too... I'm on a 28 inch 1900 x 1200 and yeah, it could do with being fluid.... how about grabbing some skins? I've seen some really good ones for SMF forums... I'll find out where and post em here if wanted?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:15:28 pm by FluX »

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 12:44:25 pm »
how about grabbing some skins? I've seen some really good ones for SMF forums... I'll find out where and post em here if wanted?
Hi,

I think this forum responds to demands from Gigabyte as the requirement to use a specific theme ... etc
If you take a look on the french Gigabyte's forum, you can see that the theme is the same. However, modules can be added, but it can quickly become difficult to manage.

I am a administrator of several forums for a long time and I know that a forum should remain as simple as possible to facilitate its use by administrators, moderators and members.
it is better to offer new content (sections, specific topics...) rather than new features.

this is my way of seeing things, but I am not the webmaster and administrator of this forum ;)
(the webmaster of this forum maybe the same for the french gigabyte's forum...)

Have a nice day ;)

See you ;)

FluX

• Don't blame me... it worked fine b4 you touched it
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 01:00:03 pm »
Yeah your right. I myself used to be an admin of an IPB forum, and your right, once you start changing this, that and the other...., backups and maintenance can become a nightmare!

Point taken but still, a fluid skin / module would be advantageous.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:00:53 pm by FluX »

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 03:00:18 pm »
(...)
a forum should remain as simple as possible to facilitate its use by administrators, moderators and members.
it is better to offer new content (sections, specific topics...) rather than new features.

this is my way of seeing things, but I am not the webmaster and administrator of this forum ;)
(the webmaster of this forum maybe the same for the french gigabyte's forum...)
(...)

Yes that's true, forum should be as easy as possible due to reasons which you mentioned

BTW I am admin 8) of this forum, and I am not the same one as in the french forum
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:12:29 am by runn3R »

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 10:09:48 am »
(...) it would be interesting for everyone to increase the display width of the forum, or to make the display adaptive, thus allowing displaying to be the widest as possible if you use a 17" screen or a 22" screen for example

done, the width has been slightly increased.

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2009, 02:03:07 am »
I would like to see a troubleshooting part of the forum ASAP.. and break it down from installation problems to hardware and chipset. I actually expected you guys to already have that up and running. I could use some help with a 2tb drive and my motherboard not recognizing it so if you know of this issue please reach "2TB" on your forum here and post anything you know of it inside my question area so others can read it... This will be a wave of people im sure..

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2014, 09:40:34 am »
It needs promoting more - there doesn't seem to be much activity (if it's "official", why is there no link from the UK website?)

Does anyone from Gigabyte actually look at what's posted here?

ahb

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 04:45:51 pm »
Thought I would offer some feedback on the new forums.  :)

Overall look is better, the forum and thread index pages are nice, but when reading the threads it is a step backwards.

I use a fairly standard 1920x1080 screen, due to the massive user info part on the left you can only view a maximum of 2 posts on screen without having to scroll.
This makes it a bit tedious to actually read threads, could do with being compressed to allow much greater information density, 4 visible posts (assuming short text) would be a better minimum imo.

Also, as www.giga-byte.co.uk redirects to uk.gigabyte.com why not move to forums.gigabyte.com and be a more obvious global forum?
Gigabyte really should have a clearly linked and obvious global forum, the competitors do.