BAD CPU TEMP SENSOR?

I hope so
0 (0%)
we'll see
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

GIGABYTE 870A-UD3 BAD CPU TEMP SENSOR?

boink

Re: GIGABYTE 870A-UD3 BAD CPU TEMP SENSOR?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 04:08:20 pm »
I don't think is a CPU related issue, maybe the BIOS doesn't cope well with the CPU, i've had similar issues with an ATHLON II x4 640 CPU on an M720-US3 mobo the cpu reported temps where about 50c in idle and the problem was solved after a bios update. Maybe you should wait for one as with other mobos it worked normally. Seems to be some issues with the C3 revision on certain AM3 CPU's and some GIGABYTE  mobos.

bytheway_r

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 04:45:29 pm »
I'd say that your Hardware Monitor Temp#2 is your processor. The 79 degrees issue normally is the non-existent sensor that'd probably be in the NB. Now, I have no idea why these 2 readings got switched in your case.

I'd ask Gigabyte to either fix it quickly or I'd consider sending the board back if you can do that.

As you can see, in my case, first temp reading is "system temperature", second is "CPU temp" and third is a non-existent sensor. Frankly, I've been a little worried about it as with stock cooler it said 78-79 degrees and now it starts as 78-79 and then goes up to 81. At the very least, it can't be the NB as I added a fan that blows outside air onto it and there was no effect whatsoever.

Don't mind the variable CPU voltage or lack of core temps.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:46:20 pm by bytheway_r »

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 01:14:47 am »
I'd say that your Hardware Monitor Temp#2 is your processor. The 79 degrees issue normally is the non-existent sensor that'd probably be in the NB. Now, I have no idea why these 2 readings got switched in your case.

I'd ask Gigabyte to either fix it quickly or I'd consider sending the board back if you can do that.

As you can see, in my case, first temp reading is "system temperature", second is "CPU temp" and third is a non-existent sensor. Frankly, I've been a little worried about it as with stock cooler it said 78-79 degrees and now it starts as 78-79 and then goes up to 81. At the very least, it can't be the NB as I added a fan that blows outside air onto it and there was no effect whatsoever.

Don't mind the variable CPU voltage or lack of core temps.
Well, it has not given me any problems even with my OC. As i mentioned before, I ran prime95 for almost 9 hours and the 79c temp did not change. So, I guess i'm not going to worry about it as it seems to be a bad sensor as others have suggested and as I mentioned before.. I don't feel like going through the process of returning it and be without a pc for at least a week just for a bad sensor.

fadsarmy

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 01:16:34 am »
That is Everest misreporting nb temp as cpu temp or probably a bogus value. What are your temps with easytune?

Everest is now AIDA64. Tell them about your problem by posting on their forum and they'll update it for you so you can monitor temps correctly:

http://forums.aida64.com/
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:20:20 am by fadsarmy »

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 01:41:41 am »
That is Everest misreporting nb temp as cpu temp or probably a bogus value. What are your temps with easytune?

Everest is now AIDA64. Tell them about your problem by posting on their forum and they'll update it for you so you can monitor temps correctly:

It's not only everest.. take a look at my previous post with the images of the programs I use. When I had my previous mobo, I used the same programs and never had a problem.

bytheway_r

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 09:38:32 am »
It's more like there's some hardware or MB software mistake in your case. Somewhere along the line the signal from the processor is being read as the bogus sensor and vice versa. They're basically switched. Or that's how I understand it.

On the other hand, you wrote that in bios you see the correct temp? If so, then it's probably a software issue somewhere, like absic said.

fadsarmy

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 04:22:28 pm »

It's not only everest.. take a look at my previous post with the images of the programs I use. When I had my previous mobo, I used the same programs and never had a problem.
Bios reports ok so it's a software issue. Ask AIDA64 to fix it and others.