System:
XP Pro (32bit)
Gigabyte X48 motherboard
Gigabyte nVidia 250 gfx
4gb Kingston HyperX ram
1 x optical drive
2 x hdd's running in ide mode via sata

Hi,

I downloaded Windows 7 RC today and ran the compatability 'upgrade advisor' test.  Everything is fine apart from 1 driver : GIGABYTE GBB36X Controller - JMicron Technology Corp. It says I have to update this driver but I cant find anything about this driver on either Gigabytes or Microns site.
Anyone got any ideas on how to update this driver and where from?

TY in advance

Pottypete

Re: Windows 7 and driver updates
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 05:55:19 pm »
Hi
Try this link http://jmicron-technology-corp.software.informer.com/
But I think mine came from ms update automaticly when win 7 phones home, and you can't stop it either,
Don't like being locked in to ANY O/S :o
Cheers ;D

coco

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 06:53:38 pm »
TY for your reply. By following links I managed to get to JMicrons site to download a X36 driver set. Hopefully itsd the right one  ::)

Next question time:

If I run the install.exe will it install normally and just update my current drivers or do I take a risk with it messing up my chipsets and I end up losing my XP OS install?
I was hoping to run Windows 7 as a dual boot initially just to see how I got on with it.

Ty in advance

Pottypete

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 02:16:10 pm »
Hi, coco
Remove old drivers first, using device manager, click uninstall device  in properties, reboot and point to new driver folder when requested, worked for me,
If you have a spare hdd at least 30gig,I would use it for win7 install,
And keep xp hdd disconnected, ;D
Otherwise you may have dual boot screen/ boot manager to get rid of when you ;), if uninstall win7 at a later date,
Best of luck 8)
I'm sticking with XP :-*