Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Ma770-US3 (rev 2.0) - continuous long beeps (graphic card not inserted prop.)

Need help!
I've bought a new GA-Ma770-US3 mobo but can't even get to POST with it!

My other specs are:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (HDT55FTBGRBOX, 125W)
Power supply: 500W ATX
Graphic card: Radeon HD 5670 & Gainward GeForce 9800GT Green Edition

The error beep code says that the graphic card isn't inserted properly so at first (after about 10 tries to insert it correclty) I thought it was my Gainware Geforce board that had stopped working. So I bought a brand new Radeon HD 5670 card to use instead, but the mobo just keeps on beeping like before! No post or anything comes up on the screen althought the "check signal cable" sign is gone.

Please help! What can be wrong?
I've tried with clearing the CMOS and pulling out the battery for 10 minutes with no success.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Hi and welcome to the Gigabyte UK Forum.
Have you made sure that you have attached all the power cables to the graphics card and the motherboard?
If you have my next thoughts would be that your PSU isn't powerful enough.  You haven't said what make and model it is so I can't be more specific.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Hi, thanks. The power supply is an "AXP-500P12P" (http://www.axpertec.com/Product-powersupply_simplepower_500W.asp) unit.
I have noware to put the PCI express power connectors on the graphic card, it must be a PCI Express-powered board. (see pics).

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Hi there,

If you are sure have connected everything properly then the problem could be one of a couple of things.

First would be to try putting things together outside of the PC Case to make sure nothing is shorting out. Use the box the motherboard came in for this.
Remove everything except for the CPU, 1 stick of RAM, the GPU and your keyboard then try and boot.
If it still won't start remove the RAM and see if the POST Beeps change.

At the moment it is a moot point but your problem could be with the BIOS. If the board has been sitting at the supplier's for some time, it might not support your choice of CPU as it could have an earlier version than the FI that the 1055T needs.

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Thanks for the reply, I actually got it up and running now!  :D
I removed all but the CPU, GPU, keyboard and 1 RAM like you said and it is running but it's EXTREMELY unstable. I have barely just managed to get to the POST message (see pic below) but it constantly resets or freezes on me and I can't reach the BIOS or the "Q flash" utility.

Can this have something to do with the BIOS version? From the POST I get that the mobo has the FD version and according to the CPU list, the Phenom II X6 1055T needs the FI version.
But how do I flash the mobo when it's running this unstable? I can't even get into the flash utility as for things are now..
 :-\

I'm guessing there's no other way than to buy a cheap CPU and flash the mobo with that running. Does anybody know if a Sempron X1 CPU would work? The CPU list says that the Sempron X2 is supported, not X1 but shouldn't the mobo have backward compability?

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Not really my domain but you are correct in your assumption that the only way to flash the BIOS to a newer version is with a supported (older) processor. I would wait for absic or one of the other AMD people to give you the go ahead on the CPU as I am not sure. If not you can always take it to a local shop and get them to flash it for you.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
hi

yes you will need a supported CPU to update BIOS and yes the Sempron 140 will do the job.

Here's the CPU support list for your mobo: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3098 just look for any CPU that is supported by the FD BIOS or earlier and you will be OK.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.