Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X48-DQ6 - One RAID0 on Intel and One Raid0 on GA MBR help?

ashlar

GA-X48-DQ6 - One RAID0 on Intel and One Raid0 on GA MBR help?
« on: December 06, 2010, 03:56:25 am »
Have been a happy camper these past few years with my GA-X48-DQ6 using two sets of RAID0 (The start-up WD Velociraptor set using Intel and the other SAMSUNG set using the Gigabyte controller.

I believe I have an MBR problem after catching a nasty virus.

The Gigabyte Raid Configurer shows both HDDs but an exclamation point is on its icon.

Nor does the Gigabyte controller RAID0 volume appear in my computers directory tree. Of course the Intel array does.

Any suggestions that may lead to me baing able to repair that Gigabyte controller RAID?

Many, many thanks for your help and time.

Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 - 2.6 Intel - 4G RAM
XP Pro SP3
BIOS: Award Software Int F6 2/29/2008 v2.4?

Fatman

Re: GA-X48-DQ6 - One RAID0 on Intel and One Raid0 on GA MBR help?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 04:50:28 am »
I found this in a forum that might help...Let me know if it helps

Boot from the windows XP CD, press the "R" key in the setup in order to start the restoration console. Select your windows XP installation from the list, and enter the administrator password.
Enter the command: "FIXMBR" (without the quotes) at the input prompt and confirm the next question with a "Y" (without the quotes). Use exit to restore the computer.

ashlar

Re: GA-X48-DQ6 - One RAID0 on Intel and One Raid0 on GA MBR help?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 09:48:18 am »
I found this in a forum that might help...Let me know if it helps

Boot from the windows XP CD, press the "R" key in the setup in order to start the restoration console. Select your windows XP installation from the list, and enter the administrator password.
Enter the command: "FIXMBR" (without the quotes) at the input prompt and confirm the next question with a "Y" (without the quotes). Use exit to restore the computer.

I can see during start-up and pressing Control + G that the Gigabyte RAID config util launches and shows that one of the drives is in fact not associated any longer with the two being raided...argh.

I'm a bit hesitant to run fixmbr in the case there's some other option that would theoretically less invasive. Many thanks for the suggestion =)
Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 - 2.6 Intel - 4G RAM
XP Pro SP3
BIOS: Award Software Int F6 2/29/2008 v2.4?