Welcome to the GIGABYTE Forum, the right place to ask questions about GIGABYTE products, search for solutions, share your experience with other users. Please login or register.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search of the whole forum, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

86402 Posts in 12176 Topics by 21918 Members
Latest Member: cal5760
Official GIGABYTE Forum  |  Questions about GIGABYTE products  |  Graphic cards  |  graphic abilities of GA-880-UD3H motherboard « previous next »
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: graphic abilities of GA-880-UD3H motherboard  (Read 1438 times)
sscinokc

United States United States

« on: December 29, 2010, 02:19:15 pm »

Hello ALL.  I'm new to Gigabyte and this forum.  Just ordered the GA-880 motherboard and not sure whether to go ahead and get a separate graphics card.  I am NOT a gamer. System will be utilized for basic word processing, photo editing, slide show presentations and also using a tv tuner card.  Will the built-in graphics on this board be enough?

Another option is to pull my GeForce NX6200TC (256 MB) from my old system and use it.  Or am I better off to get a separate graphics card completely?

Thanks for any constructive feedback you can give.

SSC
absic
Gold Helper

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Never give up; Never surrender!

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 02:30:16 pm »

Hi there and welcome to the forum,

The on-board graphics should be more than enough for what you are proposing to do with the PC. Just something to bear in mind is that using the On-board graphics chip will take some of your RAM.

On a personal note I prefer to use a separate graphics card and if you do decide to go down this route then I would suggest you look for an ATI based card. You don't need to spend a fortune on this card and a low end 5 series card will more than fit the bill.

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.
sscinokc

United States United States

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 06:11:00 pm »

Hi there and welcome to the forum,

The on-board graphics should be more than enough for what you are proposing to do with the PC. Just something to bear in mind is that using the On-board graphics chip will take some of your RAM.

On a personal note I prefer to use a separate graphics card and if you do decide to go down this route then I would suggest you look for an ATI based card. You don't need to spend a fortune on this card and a low end 5 series card will more than fit the bill.

Thanks absic!  That's exactly what I needed to hear.  I'll get going using the motherboard, and may switch over to a separate card down the road!  Thanks again!!
Pages: [1]
Official GIGABYTE Forum  |  Questions about GIGABYTE products  |  Graphic cards  |  graphic abilities of GA-880-UD3H motherboard « previous next »
    Jump to: