EK Compression Hose Connectors Black Review

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
EK Compression Hose Connectors Black Review
« on: April 04, 2011, 07:32:16 pm »
EK Compression Connectors Black

by Dark Mantis

I normally use the chromed versions and not even usually EK but this time I wanted to go for something that I felt had a little more class and as most of the build was black I thought I would stick with it. I found these EK compression connectors  and immediately liked the overall look.

When they arrived I found that they were seperately bagged and lived up to my expectations and were very nicely machined from solid brass. Stamped into the metal cap was the EK logo. The black coating was good and an even thickness. I would say however that it is only paint and use of any tools with hard jaws is lable to damage it. If you want to use pliers it is best to invest in some with soft covering to the gripping surfaces.

The reviewed items were straight connectors with a 1/4" BSPP thread on one end which is fairly standard for computer water cooling components, and a 10 mm ID 13 mmm OD compression fitting on the other. I am well used to these style of fittings but I was impressed by the quality of the design of this make. The cover makes a nice tight fit to the tubing and the tubing is supprisingly tightly held on the main body of the fitting even without the cap being screwed on. Once on the pipe would break before the joint gave way. A very reliable connection.

In conclusion I was very impressed byt the fitting and only the black painted coating let it down at all in my opinion. It looks great and works well but could do with a tougher covering. I would award it 8/10.

Review sample supplied by CandC Central http://www.candccentral.co.uk/

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:56:18 pm by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K