Official GIGABYTE Forum

Scanning BIOS Image in Hard Drive ?

sl1xx

Scanning BIOS Image in Hard Drive ?
« on: September 10, 2009, 01:27:52 am »
When i turn my pc on i get this message "Scanning BIOS Image in Hard Drive"over and over again ive tryed different ram slots unplugging the hdd flashing my cmos changeing the bios battery,ive read up and understand that my bios maybe corrup and is trying to boot from the backup one on my hdd i carnt get past post so i carnt boot from cd,floppy usb etc to put my bios on i havent flashed or updated my bios this just happend randomly to me when i turn my pc on,im out of ideas i dont no what to do from here on any help would be great thanks.

system specs:
GA-EX58-UD3R
intel i7 92o
1GBx3 G.SKILL
BFG 8800 gts 320mb
samsung spinpoint 1tb               windows7-os

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: Scanning BIOS Image in Hard Drive ?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 08:31:04 am »
(...) my bios maybe corrup and is trying to boot from the backup one on my hdd (...)

Exactly. Try to connect the HDD which you used on the very beginning with this MB, in case you changed HDD. Maybe MB will recover bios from HDD, sometimes need to wait a few hours while white dots appear on the screen.
Otherwise just send MB to repair.
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

sl1xx

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 05:05:08 pm »
The originally hdd is in, as i said it just randomly happend i dident change or alter anything,this is a duel bios motherboard why does it back up to the hard drive shouldent it just read off the other one if the main one goes corrupt ?

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 05:10:24 pm »
Yes it should but it seems that the failure is more complicated in your case, maybe backup bios is corrupt somehow, I don't know. Anyway I recommend sending for warranty claim to the place of purchase

sl1xx

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 05:21:14 pm »
ok thanks for your help and time.

AdamD

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 08:26:25 pm »
sometimes need to wait a few hours while white dots appear on the screen.

It can really take a few hours to start recovering?
I have the saem problem as the user in this thread and I do get the "bios recovering" bit (I put the bios on a 2gb fat 16 partition on my C drive) so it obviously sees the bios image, but after 1 hour and nothing happening, I turned it off.

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 12:22:23 pm »
sometimes need to wait a few hours while white dots appear on the screen.

It can really take a few hours to start recovering? (...)

The time of scanning depends of the whole hdd size (not partition size), as dual bios recovery procedure just works this way.
About the copy of bios stored in HDD read this: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,163.msg1193.html#msg1193