Official GIGABYTE Forum

Dual-Monitor Setup (Using Nvidia GT 440)

Dual-Monitor Setup (Using Nvidia GT 440)
« on: June 04, 2011, 12:37:24 pm »
Hi,

Simple Q before I explain the set-up/problem.

Does HDMI output always overide DVI when activated? I'm looking to get DVI as monitor 1 and HDMI as monitor 2.

My set-up is:

PC with Gigabyte GT 440 (GV-N440TC-1GI) card/GPU using DVI and HDMI outputs.

From GPU DVI goes to BenQ Monitor - I want this as monitor 1 (main). HDMI goes to LCD LG TV, this is the second PC Monitor/TV - I want this always as monitor 2. For watching TV and also as an Extended display so I can watch movies, etc, on this as I work on the main monitor (monitor 1).

Problem:

1. If I reboot the PC signal to monitor 1 (DVI) is not present and monitor 2 (HDMI) seems to take over as default (if TV is turned off). To correct this I have to unplug the HDMI lead from the GPU and the DVI signal returns which enables me to then boot the PC.

In Windows > Screen Resolution and Nvidia Control Panel HDMI always takes over as Monitor 1, even though the DVI is set as Main. I've tried UltraMon and this allows me to set DVI as 1 and HDMI as 2, but Windows or Nvidia always override this.

So ultimately if I can get the DVI as monitor 1 (main) and HDMI as monitor 2 permanently the problem would be fixed.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Thanks
Ian