Official GIGABYTE Forum

"Power-On by alarm" Doesn't work in GA-880GM-USB3 Rev 3.1

Andres

"Power-On by alarm" Doesn't work in GA-880GM-USB3 Rev 3.1
« on: June 10, 2011, 05:59:15 pm »
Since I can remember, I always use the RTC to "automatic start" my pc, I do this, to run automated tasks to improve my working time...

Now, I have a new mobo, "Gigabyte GA-880-GM-USB3" Rev 3.1, but I can´t use the "auto power on" in any way. (in the Gigabyte BIOS Setting this element is called "Power-On by the alarm ")

I tried many combinations in the BIOS settings, including different shut down options under xp/w7/linux...all without success. ???

I asked at the store (where I bought it) for the guarantee, so I changed the mobo two times.

And the new ones have the same problem. :'( and no new bios fix for this.

Any suggestions on this?

I will think seriously, send this motherboard to the store again and pay a difference and buy a Biostar mobo or something similar.

The rest of the list of hardware: AMD X6 1050T / 4 GB DDR3 / Power Supply Thermaltake 750w / WD 320 GB

Thx for the reply.

Andres.
(sorry for my bad English.)

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: "Power-On by alarm" Doesn't work in GA-880GM-USB3 Rev 3.1
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 08:53:12 am »
Hi there,

this might be a BIOS issue and I would suggest that you contact Gigabyte Technical Support and see if they can advise you. They may even have a BIOS update available.

You can contact them via this form: http://ggts.gigabyte.com/tech.asp?ClassID=2&Country=Argentina&SourceWeb=B2C
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Andres

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 02:29:13 pm »
Thanks for the reply and the link.
I've contacted tech support, I am awaiting a response.  :)
Greetings

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 10:24:21 am »
Be patient as it can take several days for Tech Support to get back to you.  :P
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.