Official GIGABYTE Forum

AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI

AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:05:36 am »
I recently purchased a Gigabyte board.
78LMT-S2P is the one.I also got a Athlon x2 250 along with it.
Here is the situation.Yesterday when I powered on my pc I got a BSOD(IRQL not less or equal) along with beeps.
So I swapped the ram to the other slot. Its a 2GB DDR3 Hynix-Zion.Now whenever it restarts I get this message, "Verifying DMI Pool Data...AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI."

The pc is running stable, no problem at all.No BSOD, no beeps, been running for 17-18 hours at a stretch.
But that message is bugging me.

I just wanna know what it means and how to remove it.
Thanks in advance.
Never argue with an idiot coz they will drag you down to their level and then defeat you with experience.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:23:48 am »
Hi there,

I know it is annoying and a little confusing but the message is not a problem and you don't need to worry about it.

It maybe removed with a future BIOS update but until then you can't remove it yourself.

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:27:39 am »
okay thanks for the quick reply
the latest bios available for this board is dated April 2011 and that's the one i have
since its not a problem, i will leave it at that
thanks man
Never argue with an idiot coz they will drag you down to their level and then defeat you with experience.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:55:45 am »
It's possible that a CMOS clear might get rid of the message but as absic says it isn't a fault just an annoying message. If you want to try clearing the CMOS follow these instructions:

Remove the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.

Once done remove the motherboard battery for at least one hour before replacing it.

Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.

You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self like disabling the floppy drive, disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and then press F10 to save and exit.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:17:20 am »
@DM
Clearing probably CMOS won't help in this situation I'm afraid.

This is part of the normally POST process with the AMD system and was an ever present message on the early series 7 boards. The only way to stop it was when Gigabyte released BIOS updates to hide this message during POST.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:33:25 am by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 03:17:57 pm »
I remember this being talked about before and fair enough if that is how it is. I just figured if you could clear the DMI data and start afresh maybe it would clear the message. Obviously not I take it! :-\
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 11:29:39 am »
Today when I switched on the machine, I saw the message has vanished. ::)
no more "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI"
only "Verifying DMI Pool Data" as before
thanks for your help guys  :)

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 11:32:07 am »
Hi Suvo2406,

Don't you just love computers???? But don't be surprised if the message comes back from time to time.

Grozdan

• Eternal Power above all
    • GDHardver
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 11:58:16 am »
This reminded me of how my brother's computer used to "hate" me. It ran perfectly until I wanted to do something - some software installation or test... you wouldn't believe what kind of freakish things happened :D and every time a stepped out it continued to run perfectly! Weird :)
AMD PII X4 955BE feat. CM 212+ Push Pull, GB GA-790XTA-UD4, 2*2 GB Mushkin Silverline Stiletto, GB GeForce GTX 460 768MB Windforce 2, 2* WD 640 GB Black in Raid0, Seasonic SS-620GM, Silverstone Precision PS-05B Black, Samsung P2450H, Logitech G510 + G9 + Z2300 + X-530

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 03:09:56 pm »
This reminded me of how my brother's computer used to "hate" me.

Hey Grozdan
huh, i was gonna say the same thing
my sis's pc just hates me.
and weird? just don't talk about it. the hardware just behaved like DISK_READ_ERROR and BSOD and CHASSIS INTRUSION ERROR. I swear i never touched it. i could never make it work.

Hi Suvo2406,

Don't you just love computers???? But don't be surprised if the message comes back from time to time.

Hey absic
yeah bro
pcs have a temper of their own
they can be annoying but there is nothing more relishing than a new rig
i was so excited when i built my first rig(asus p5lmx+pentium d 820) , turned out to be a disaster though

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 03:24:47 pm »
Slightly off topic but still talking about technology and how some things (people) just cause problems....

I gave my mother my Nokia mobile phone when I upgraded recently. She went off on a six week holiday and came back yesterday, complaining that: "The damn phone you gave me is broken, it just doesn't work and all I get is a black screen. Maybe it needs a new battery or something!"

I said I would have a look at it, took it out of the case, turned it on and it was working fine.

"How did you get it to work?" my mother asked, convinced that it was some kind of voodoo magic that I had used.

"Well" I said " I pressed the power button on the top of the phone and it just switched on."

My mother started laughing and said.... "Damn, I didn't know there was an on/off switch at the top of the phone and I've been pressing the green telephone symbol trying to switch it on..... no wonder it wouldn't work."   ;D

Dark Mantis

• Dark Mantis
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 09:52:09 pm »
Dear ol' Mum strikes again! :)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 02:32:56 pm »
Sorry to reanimate the old topic, but I have the same message and it doesn't go . It has appeared after I've added 2 more RAM modules, 2GB each. Some folks say it might be power related. My psu is 450W only. I've even flashed the BIOS by official utility, but I've forgotten to check "clear dmi data". Still, I'd like to investigate the cause, not just get rid of that message. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.