Official GIGABYTE Forum

Equalizer won't apply

Equalizer won't apply
« on: October 02, 2011, 01:21:38 pm »
I'm not sure if the title explains my problem exactly, but I gave it a shot. ^^

First of all, sorry if you have problems reading this, I'm german.

Okay, let's start with my system specs.

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5

That's where my sound does come frome. ^^ Well, and the rest is shown in my profile. I'm not sure if the rest is necessary, so I left mentioning it.

I use a Realtek driver from the Gigabyte site. The Version is from 30.08.2011. Pretty new. ^^ And it also says in the driver menü.
Audio Driver Version: 6.0.1.6449
Audiocodec ALC889A

So, here's my problem.

I use the given Audio-Manager to adjust my sound settings. I just re-installed My Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Version and I have a problem with my equalizer.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8099/unbenanntao.png

First of all, earlier I used the presets. But since the new Version the presets seem to **** up my sound pretty much. It sounds really bad, so I adjusted the equalizer manualy. Well, so far so good. But I realized that the sound would change from time to time. So I tested it a little.

The sound is dumbed down if I don't select my own preset again. Man, that's hard to describe. ^^

So, I turn on WindowsMediaPlayer to hear a song and it does sound a little dull. I go to the AudioManager and change to another preset and then back to my own. Then the sound is fine. Well, but if I close the WMP and turn start it again, the sound is again dull.

I went to my windows settings to search a little deeper and I found out that if I go here. (see the picture)

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/189/unbenanntsen.png

I could solve the dull sound problem, if you would click the three dots next to the presets and change the equalizer somewhere a bit higher and then change it back. Then the sound is ok, BUT if I then click apply or OK it goes dull again. It wont do this if I would just hit the X at the top right.

But then it's always the same. If I close the WMP and start it again the sound is still dull. Somehow Windows won't apply the equalizer properly.

I don't know, this sound really special. So I just wanted to ask if someone may experienced the same issue or has a clue what the problem could be. Even if I couldn't solve it, I would be relieved if I knew what the cause for this is.

Well, thanks in advance for everyone who's reading this and trying to get a grip of my problem. ^^