Official GIGABYTE Forum

Smart6 shuts down Ok but then starts up randomly

riggie

Smart6 shuts down Ok but then starts up randomly
« on: December 13, 2011, 10:37:46 pm »
Hi Everyone
I have been using the Smart6 software, which includes Quickboot.
You just check the box,OS QuickBoot, then click Save the settings.
Simple.
It's ideal to just press the Sleep button on the keyboard and the computer powers down in to standby mode, I presume,
and when I press the left MB the computer starts up and reaches the login stage in about 10 seconds which is great so I dont leave the
computer running all day if I dont get back to it, so I would really like this to work properly.
I am not worried about resuming programs left open, and I always shut down most applications.
It has worked fine for 2 or 3 days at a stretch but then sometimes you press the sleep button and walk away
and 30 seconds or 2 mins or 5 mins later it starts up without pressing any buttons or being anywhere near it.
When I uncheck the settings then recheck them it works once or twice but always ends up re-starting by itself !
Then if the mains supply is switched off the computer can hang and requires a reset.

Has anyone any ideas to fix this please
Can this sleep mode or standby mode be done using the bios settings?
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Ryzen   7 3700X
GIGABYTE  RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB GAMING OC Pro
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB  (DDR4-3200)
Gigabyte 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe
Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE
Corsair Carbide 175R PC Case

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Smart6 shuts down Ok but then starts up randomly
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 07:33:47 am »
Hi and welcome.

I really don't like these bundled programs and this is typical of the sort of issues that they often display. I would suggest removing them completely from the system and then make sure that your BIOS is running the latest version of the file that is available. Also make sure all your chipset and other drivers are also up to date.

Once done if your machine is 100% stable you should be able to set up the same sort of usage from the BIOS. If your machine isn't totally stable for any reason forget trying to get any of the sleep option to work properly until resolved.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB