Official GIGABYTE Forum

M8000x sensitivity issue.

M8000x sensitivity issue.
« on: January 11, 2012, 03:08:50 pm »
I'm having a couple of really strange and uncommon problems with this mouse or its software.

Firstly, the sensitivity setting works funny. When I only set Y-sensitivity it works fine but of course that's in no way useful, however as soon as I touch the X-sensitivity the mouse adapts to the new sensitivity and after a couple of seconds it returns both values to 90dpi (the sliders don't move though, but the mouse moves unbearably slow). Also applying and reopening shows that they are in fact back to 90dpi.

Another issue is the "On the fly" sensitivity changing button, it only works upwards and the changes have a similar effect to the one described in the previous problem, after a couple of seconds, back to 90dpi.

This is pretty uncomfortable since it forces me to have the windows control panel's mouse settings at maximum speed, and other problems root from there, pixels are skipped, cursor jerks a bit.

I have the latest drivers and have tried uninstalling and plugging in on a different port.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Asrock Z68PRO3-M
Gigabyte GTX 590
Intel Core i7 2700k
Gigabyte M8000x gaming mouse

Re: M8000x sensitivity issue.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 11:11:38 pm »
Seriously, no one has this same problem?
Its driving me crazy and i'm seriously thinking about just trashing it and getting a different one :(
Asrock Z68PRO3-M
Gigabyte GTX 590
Intel Core i7 2700k
Gigabyte M8000x gaming mouse

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 03:42:20 pm »
Hi and welcome.

I can honestly say that I haven't seen anyone else complaining of this issue on the forum before. I would tend to think that it is probably a hardware fault and so would advise you to contact your retailer with an aim to replacement or RMA.

Good luck.  ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Baron

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 01:04:56 pm »
I bought the M8000X 'Ghost' mouse, had troubles with mine.
Now and again it would drop the connection and the cursor would freeze, and had to unplug and then plug it back in to get it to work again.
I had one of the buttons programmed for the 'laser' to correct its aim.........I forget the actual terminology, but that didn't work to cure it.
There were other niggles with it too, with the 'close' button not working on my left hand second monitor, to shut down Windows Live Mail for example.
I had the latest drivers on offer, and uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse, but still now and again got the problem, which is kind of annoying when playing a game online.. ;D

Now, the mouse looks good, and fitted my hand just fine, but the annoyance factor eventually made me dump the mouse for the Logitech G500.
Now, I like Gigabyte products, and since Abit went bust I always buy their motherboards. For graphics cards I used to buy BFG, but now I choose Gigabyte.
 I thought their mouse would be a good addition.

Shame really, for quite an expensive (to me) mouse to be irritating.

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 09:11:57 pm »
I bought the M8000X 'Ghost' mouse, had troubles with mine.
Now and again it would drop the connection and the cursor would freeze, and had to unplug and then plug it back in to get it to work again.
I had one of the buttons programmed for the 'laser' to correct its aim.........I forget the actual terminology, but that didn't work to cure it.

I have exacly the same problems... Software for this mouse is terrible, I can't use it because mouse stops working. The PTP function also doesnt't work for me.