Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-EP45C-DS3R won't post all phase LED Stays lit

GA-EP45C-DS3R won't post all phase LED Stays lit
« on: January 14, 2012, 01:55:36 am »
Sorry to be bothering you all folks, but I was just curious and wanted to know what happened to my board, I was watching a movie and all of a sudden the pc just turned off, the keyboard's num lock remained lit, I pressed the power button again, the system powered on, but no post, tried reinstalling the memory, reinserting the PCI Express graphics card and the memory modules, no luck, after a couple of tries, I noticed the system turning it on by itself the moment the power supply is connected to the power outlet without the need of pressing the power button, and the power button nor the reset button works anymore, I use a Gigabyte G power cooler which is connected to the SYSTEM_FAN2 socket which provides a lower RPM for the fan and I noticed since the moment the motherboard started auto powering on by itself, all the fans connected to it spins at 100% including the PCI Express graphics card fan, tried bench testing/resetting the bios by shorting the jumper/and by removing the battery, no luck, the motherboard remains unoperational, all 6 phase LED stays lit the moment power is provided to the power supply, swapped power supplies and still no luck, no beeps no nothing, and even without a processor installed the motherboard shows the same behavior, all the components were double checked and seems none of them have any issues and are working flawlessly, so what could be wrong with my motherboard?
My Pc Configuration:
Pentium Dual Core E6600;
GA-EP45C-DS3R Rev 1.0 bios version F6a;
Gigabyte G power cooler;
Kingston Value Ram 1333 Mhz DDR3 2GBX2;
Hitachi 500GB SATA Hard Drive;
XFX 9500GT DDR2;
Thermaltek 500W TR2 power supply

Everything is running at stock, as this pc is used mostly for casual gaming and mostly for movie watching.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:20:32 am by Romulus_ut3 »