Official GIGABYTE Forum

Can't get the Smart 6 software to run on the new 2011 UD3 motherboard

Re: Can't get the Smart 6 software to run on the new 2011 UD3 motherboard
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 06:47:30 pm »
http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/28/liquid-helium-trumps-liquid-hydrogen-at-amds-phenom-ii-overcloc/  Liquid helium was spelled correctly.  Bye the way, these tests were not done at 20,000 feet, as you seem to indicate that they must have been to use liquid helium. Is there a reason why you are being so combative?  Is it because you can not answer my question about the nonfunctioning software or hardware?

Again all I am asking is to have my motherboard and computer work the way it was designed and advertised to, without the liquid helium parts....

Thanks if you can help.

Aussie Allan

• A yoyo uses all three fundermental laws of phisics
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 07:01:17 pm »

As you can see , I have the patience of a bullet proof saint ........... let's try this one more time .......... but this time you have to try what I suggest!...Deal ?

Uninstall the program that you state is causing the perceived problem .........Now shut down your system ....... now re-boot back into windows.

Now go to the Gigabyte site and download and install the program again .........Now shut down your system ....... now re-boot back into windows.

Now try the program out ! ....

AA
i7-4790K @4.8GHz 24/7 water clock
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage
C: Evo 970 Pro 512gb
Scratch:Evo 970 Plus 512gb

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 08:29:14 pm »
Well that was fun, now after doing exactly as you have ask, I can now verify that the smart 6 software link on the Gigabyte site, will download, but WILL NOT RUN AS IT CAUSES A SETUP ERROR. Imagine that, don't worry though, I have reinstalled the smart 6 software that came with the motherboard, and can still verify that it does NOT RUN as it was intended.  Specifically the quick boost portion of the program, tells a user to restart after selecting an overclock, still does nothing. I ran a cpu scan and manually checked the clock in the bios. This program does nothing, other than con an unsuspecting consumer.  So if anyone believed that having me uninstall the program, then download another program that can not be made to run, would end this issue, because the program is now uninstalled..................You were wrong.

Now back to square one, if anyone can get the version of smart 6 that was included with my motherboard to run, OR get the supposedly new version that will freezes on install to run. I would be appreciative.

The runaround continues

dikal

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2012, 08:44:11 pm »
It sucks that you are having trouble with state of the art PC. But like Allan said we are just
people here who try to help because we want to. I understand that is indeed frustrating but
in the future try to keep in mind we don't work for gigabyte.

Personally the I have never trusted the auto overclock utilities that motherboard manufacturers
provide for their boards. Much rather do things hands on.

What are the full specs for you computer?

Motherboard:

CPU:

CPU Fan:

Ram:

Powersupply:

Hard Drive(s):

It would be helpful to list the components of your system, in detail. Maybe the problem of random restarts that you mention in this http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,7998.0.html thread, is also related with it.

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2012, 08:57:18 pm »
I have already provided these specs to a Gigabyte rep on the phone.  He took them and when he got back to me, it went nowhere.  So if you work for Gigabyte and need these specs, the rep took my name and said that he was going to run tests on that particular configuration.  Uh huh.

None of the above has resulted in this software or hardware becoming functional.

dikal

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 09:09:02 pm »
I have already provided these specs to a Gigabyte rep on the phone.  He took them and when he got back to me, it went nowhere.  So if you work for Gigabyte and need these specs, the rep took my name and said that he was going to run tests on that particular configuration.  Uh huh.

None of the above has resulted in this software or hardware becoming functional.

So this is the way you ask for help here ....

Fatman

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 09:16:34 pm »
I would (If I were you) switch off the Machine, send it back to where you got it from and NEVER switch on a computer again and just take up gardening or something!

Folks here have bent over backwards to help you, and some even have had the patience of a turtle..........But you are just so rude that NOBODY really wants to help you now.

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 09:38:10 pm »
Fatman, I have six computers  here, all networked and running better than they did when they were new, (with one exception)(the one with a Gigabyte motherboard). Would you like to log on to Call of Duty, or battlefield 3 and go a round with my son's on the machines and network that I have set up here?  Do you think you could beat them? or the network?

Or perhaps you want to log on to one of the websites where I have the photo's that I have had published online. I have some very nice black bear shots from the Smokies.

Are you trying to get me to argue and thus get booted off this board, because you can not answer my question as to why the Gigabyte smart 6 software can not be made to work as it was intended?  If you have constructive input, I would greatly appreciate it, otherwise making baseless threats is poor manners.

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2012, 09:47:04 pm »

So this is the way you ask for help here ....

I just did exactly as I was ask.  I Uninstalled smart 6, restarted, then attempted a reinstall from the website, which was so buggy that it would not even run. Which would solve the problem of the software not running, since it was no longer there, of coarse I reinstalled from the disk that shipped with the board.  I have done everything that was ask of me, and all I get is to be told that I am the rude one.  So again if you can get this Gigabyte software smart 6 to run on a Gigabyte UD3 motherboard.  I would be appreciative for the help.  If you can not, perhaps you can foreward my request to someone with better knowledge of the situation.  Thank you.

Fatman

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2012, 09:56:33 pm »
For starters I never made any threats whatsoever.

We here are not Gigabyte employees or affiliated with Gigabyte other than we have a product of thiers. We are just enthusiasts who try help each other in a friendly way to get an issue or two sorted. YOU however have gone about your problem here completely the wrong way with your attitude. You have been advised NOT to use the bundled software as it seems to cause more headaches than it solves. Granted, yes it should work but alas it has faults.

My suggestion now to you is Re-format your computer and load only the latest drivers from the Gigabyte website and don't put in any of the stuff you don't need. Just the main drivers.

As for the gaming bit.... What would logging into a game prove???

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2012, 10:20:08 pm »
The bundled software provided by Gigabyte to run their own motherboard is guaranteed to work, is this correct? If it does not work, it might be that the software is bad, or the motherboard is bad, or both, I choose to know, is this wrong.  You may choose not to use this software, but I choose to use this software, is this wrong?

The fact is that I am being advised not to use software that can not be made to work in the first place, and you are hoping that I will be satisfied with the reduced functionality broken board that I have here, at least  since Gigabyte changed the way features on the board work with the F7 bios, due to these boards catching fire.  Again I could be fully wrong about this, and if so would like some constructive help, not just the runaround from people who specify that they are not affiliated with the company.  Furthermore if no company rep cares enough to let their input into the discussion, it may well be because the situation is unresolvable (((recall))), which at this point seems to be the case.

Just tell me

Fatman

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2012, 10:37:32 pm »
This thread is getting ridiculous!

If you are truely not happy with the board then send it back and get a refund minus whatever costs and chalk it up to a bad experience.

Also the bundled software is usually obsolete anyway it is better to just download newer drivers etc available from the download section on the Gigabyte site.

Now I like the Gigabyte boards and so do a lot of my buddies. But none of us use that bundled software as we have all had issues with it.

What we do if we want to squeeze out some performance is we do it through the Bios. It is an educated risk we take, but some of us just use our systems merely for overclocking benchmarks etc.

So back to your question as to why we can't answer your question to why it don't work? Well we didn't write the software (Bloatware) and we are not engineers and so we in essence have no idea why it don't work. We just don't use it..........End of story!!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:40:04 pm by Fatman »

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2012, 10:55:56 pm »
The cost are $400.00 plus, I am not sending back the evidence or nonfunctioning cheap Chinese components unless I am paid in full, this is the law in the USA.

Aussie Allan

• A yoyo uses all three fundermental laws of phisics
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2012, 11:04:40 pm »

Then we wish you all the best in your corporate battle ..... no one on this site has the Patience,language skills nor the expertise in finding you a satisfactory solution to your insurmountable problem .

Aussie Allan
i7-4790K @4.8GHz 24/7 water clock
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage