Official GIGABYTE Forum

Can't get the Smart 6 software to run on the new 2011 UD3 motherboard

Rolo42

• DON'T PANIC!
    • PC Parts List
Re: Can't get the Smart 6 software to run on the new 2011 UD3 motherboard
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2012, 05:25:43 am »
Thanks for the admission that the affected software and hardware can not be made to work.  Of coarse I knew this at the outset, so I am not in any way surprised, as I am never wrong,
So your intent was just to lash out at passers-by...?

This stuff does work.  I've not had any problems with the three Gigabyte Z68 boards I've built and they are all overclocked (mine, my wife's, my friend's college kid).  I've likely built/repaired more computers than you've ever seen in your lifetime (and I don't even have the hubris that you have) and I'd be willing to help--but, you weren't looking for help and you're "never wrong".

In the time you spent bickering you could have gotten your computer running the way you wanted.

This has me laughing and crying:

I know how to overclock thru the bios. That is not the issue, the issue is that if I do that, I violate the service contract on the machine.
What do you think Smart6 (or any other overclocking utility) does?  It changes the CMOS settings!  If you are concerned about said contract then you need to leave well enough alone and just be an ordinary user, comforted by the contract's safety net that might have a chance at providing the level of expertise available to you here.

If you want to tinker with your PC and learn, then drop the silly notion that you are infallible (when you died for my sin, then we can talk about that), treat others with basic courtesy and respect--not necessarily the proverbial honey but keep the vinegar, drop the drama and then we can help you get your computer performing properly and quickly.

Do understand that you have free access to well-paid experts but not everyone is a said expert and nobody is never wrong.

Now, if you're still up for it, what is it that you want to do/desired end-state?  (sans anything non-technical)