Official GIGABYTE Forum

ga-x79-ud5 corrupted bios

ga-x79-ud5 corrupted bios
« on: March 12, 2012, 02:21:17 pm »
hello to everyone ,1 hour ago i tried to turn on my pc,i pushed the power button on the front side of my pc ,but the power button stucked and stayed pressed,my pc turned on for 2 sec then turned off, it did it for 3 or 4 times till a message of corrupted bios appeard,then automaticaly  copied the backup bios to main and everything now working fine,my question is this is normal if i press the power button continuously to corrupt bios?????? ???

Re: ga-x79-ud5 corrupted bios
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 03:17:53 pm »
I had that problem too, some weeks ago, when I changed my RAM sticks from 4x 4GB to 4x 8GB. My power button didn't stuck, but my pc turned on too for some few seconds, turned off, turned back on, and so on for 6 times (i think). Then I had the error too about some corrupted bios.
Except that error, I had many, many, many other problems too with that board (X79-UD5)
My problem solved when I flashed the bios to the latest beta version (f9b), since then my system is stable with no errors for at least 10 days now :)
x299 Aorus Gaming 7 v1.0 (bios F9f), i7-7800x, Noctua NH-D15, 4x G Skill Ripjaws F4-2800C16-8GKR (32 GB), STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5, M.2 NMVE Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, M.2 sata SSD Samsung 950 EVO 500GB, Corsair AX860

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:43:34 pm »
after research i found out that   

BIOS Recover Method Via Manually Invoking BACKUP BIOS Auto-Recovery
 Using Power Supply - On/Off Switch

It is possible to make the BIOS Auto-Recovery kick in (Dual BIOS) and re-flash the MAIN BIOS with the contents of the BACKUP BIOS.

This is a simple and easy method for anyone to try before having to resort to other more difficult methods, or a RMA.

1. Shut off the power supply using the switch on the back of the PSU, wait 10-15 seconds.
 2. Press and hold the case Power On swtich, then while still holding turn on the power supply from the switch on the rear.
 3. Still holding the case power on switch, the board will start, once it does release the case power on switch and shut off the power supply via the switch on the read of the unit. (Do the latter two parts as quickly as you can once the board starts)
 4. The board will shut down.
 5. Turn the power supply back on using the switch on the rear of the unit.
 6. Turn on the motherboard by pressing the case power on button.

Once the board starts this time you should see the Gigabyte splash screen, or POST page, then the Auto-Recovery from Dual BIOS will kick in. You will see a checksum error, and then recovery from BACKUP BIOS will begin. Once it is done reboot your machine and enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults then save/apply/reboot back to BIOS.

Now you are done, and will be using whatever BIOS was in your BACKUP BIOS, From there you can attempt whatever you were previously trying, or update your BIOS to the latest version

enjoy!!!!!!

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 04:28:20 am »
I wrote that ;) -  do you guys need help with anything?

I was going to reply here yesterday, but it looked like you both had everything sorted out.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:30:30 am by Lsdmeasap »

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 11:39:48 pm »
I had my board running for a bit and then started getting blue screens. I was running F8 bios and tried to update through @BIOS. the flash worked and said success but when it was done and wanted restart my pc froze for 20 or 30 seconds and then blue screened.

I was able to get things running again by switching to second BIOS. I have tried the method above with no success. I believe I have flashed the second BIOS to F10 as that is what it is reading but didn't think you were supposed to be able to do that.

If I switch back to first BIOS using push button on back of board the pc fires but just black screen and no post.

Is there a way to re flash the first BIOS?