Hi I've just installed a K8100 and cannot access the ANSI character set
via the Alt+numpad keys as I have always done with all MS/Logitech/Dell/no-name etc keyboards.
- The Num Lock is on,
- and I've checked that it works;
- the keyboard is plugged into a USB2 socket on the backplate of a Gigabyte X58 D4 mobo;
- I'm using the usual fonts which all have the additional characters;
- the OS is Win7/64 SP1;
- the driver reported by Control Panel is a2006 HID MS driver (6.1.7601.17514) with no update option.
- the Alt+numpad keys used to work in every program from Notepad to Gmail to InDesign etc. Now it does not work in any program.
I've installed The Ghost engine - perhaps I should uninstall it and see what happens - even though it does not seem to have anything to do with the driver?