Official GIGABYTE Forum

Why were BIOS updates of P67A-UD3 discontinued, with no IB support? Issues.

Dalamar

As far as I can tell, the UD3 is identical to the UD3-B3.
I got back from RMA a "P67A-UD3" with a fixed B3 controller as my SATA2 ports were flipping out on the original, but I can't use the BIOS from P67A UD3-B3. So I'm stuck with a >1 year old BIOS, no IB support, and these infernal reboot loops when restarting from Windows' start button or pressing the case restart button (both boards did/do it, F4 does it less than F6), as well as a problem getting into the BIOS without another reboot loop half the time.

UD3, last update F6 over a year ago http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3698#bios
UD3 B3, recent update F9 http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3765#bios

I'm pretty sure it's not my hardware. I've tried 2 power supplies (perfectly fine TX650, and an X650), and several GPUs. My RAM (2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1333mhz 1.5v) runs at stock speeds with no errors in any duration of Prime/IBT/memtest etc

I've been calling GB to try to get this sorted out, but in my impatience I figured I'd dump this here in case someone actually knows. So far all I've gotten is "the board shouldn't be doing that, did you try different RAM?" and "the UD3-B3 is a different board, you can't use the BIOS" (even though they look 100% identical to me.)

Frankly, I am not feeling inclined to buy another Gigabyte board ever again. I've never had problems like this with ASUS. Even my no-name Clevo laptop using cheap Foxconn parts has no such issues..
Heck, even my Gigabyte 7850 has issues - frankly I think it may be an AMD issue as they are legendary for fail drivers, but still. Can't shake that feeling.
Even my last Gigabyte mobo on my previous build had problems, though it was due to 4 sticks of ram - why put 4 slots if you can't use them anyways? Bad form.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:09:06 pm by Dalamar »

This is because the ID of the MB it's B2, So, you can't flash B3 official BIOS.

Now Gigabyte have a lot of issues: Manufacturing problems, compatible hardware problems, and Gigabyte doesn't fix professionaly.

Dalamar

I just noticed that 99% of the "reboot loop" results on google are about Gigabyte boards.
Why isn't this being dealt with?

Dalamar

No one knows?
This board also doesn't seem to like booting from USB very well - haven't managed it yet. You'd think setting USB as first boot priority would do it.