Official GIGABYTE Forum

What are Gigabyte like for giving support?

What are Gigabyte like for giving support?
« on: March 31, 2014, 10:47:27 pm »
I have just bought 2 Asus Z87 Deluxe motherboards and both have been giving me problems and i'm trying to contact support but it looks like i'm looking at 2 days to answer my emails, and as for finding a fourm that Asus staff vists seems to be as rare as rocking horse manure and for talking to a human that is a joke.

So going to dump these boards in favour of maybe an Gigabyte board but before i do i need to know what there support is like, not just via forums but email turnaround and do you ever get to speak to someone if you need to or are Gigabyte like Asus "once we have your money we don't care about you"

All1

Re: What are Gigabyte like for giving support?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 02:07:01 am »
My own experience with Gigabyte has been good when compared to ASUS wrt warranty support.
I was able to talk to an engineer here in the UK (Milton Keynes) and the damaged board was repaired
quickly and FOC (even outside warranty so I was lucky)

Asus make good products but I have had warranty claims rejected for trivial reasons and had the expense
posting to Yugoslavia via Hemel Hempstead.(early 2013)

As to forums and e-mail support well I dont think it can be much worse..........other wise you wouldnt
be asking the question :-)

Most of the online support I need comes from forums like this one or tweaktown and I try to avoid contacting the
manufacturers directly as I object to the canned generic replies etc -as you know it can be quite frustrating!

AndyM

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 10:18:32 am »
I have contacted their support via the web site and found their advice both prompt and good.

Andrew

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 10:27:30 am »
OK great thanks guys, i'm giving Asus one last try otherwise i'll be buying the G1.Sniper 5, more then i wanted to spend to be honest but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet (excuse the pun) and pay a bit more for decent service.

All1