Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X-UD3H Bios and Driver issues.

Area01

GA-Z77X-UD3H Bios and Driver issues.
« on: July 08, 2012, 11:18:42 am »
Hello.
I upgraded  my computer, Z77X-UD3H, 3770k and Corsair Vengeance 16Gb 1600Mhz.

When installing OS and all that  I installed drivers through the DVD.
Afterwards when I had internet access I thought id install newer versions of the drivers from the Gigabyte homepage.

INF installation seemed to work, Installation just wen't from "next" to "finish" with nothing between.
Intel Management did not work, got stuck at starting process Vcredist.exe with the message could not start/create process.
Intel VGA Driver installation did not work either, "Does not meet system requirements". But I have a PCI-E card so that doesn't matter?
Everything else software wise has been installed.

Played a few games.. computer freezed a few times @ stock.
Looked at bios version on Gigabytes site and saw "improved system stability" in bios description, so I downloaded latest version F11 to flash drive and flashed in Qflash.
Then the bios issues started, only thing I saw in bios was black border with EUFI Dual Bios text and blue background. Same on F9, F10.
So I'm back on F7. Any fix for this?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:33:24 am by Area01 »

Re: GA-Z77X-UD3H Bios and Driver issues.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 07:40:50 am »
Hello. My computer is Z77X-UD3H/3770/Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz.
There is the exact same problem.
Then the bios issues started, only thing I saw in bios was black border with EUFI Dual Bios text and blue background.
I have not completely figured out, but it seems to be related to USB ports.
I have the freeze occurred when I connected the Logitech G25, even in USB2 ports.
Therefore, I recommend disabling the extra usb devices and / or swap connected usb devices for different ports, use native ports (which is closer to the LAN), not VIA, use USB2, which is on the front panel. Something like that.
Something ill-conceived from the USB ports on this board, waiting for new firmware, current firmware is obviously raw.
I would say more, I have had problems with SATA2, when it was connected DVD-RW, a computer was loaded on a minute longer than usual, I turned off DVD-RW. Nobody is not writing about it and in the support service is not responding.

In general, have to experiment with connecting / disconnecting devices USB / SATA to solve such problems.

P.S. Attention! Bad English :-)

Re: GA-Z77X-UD3H Bios and Driver issues.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 03:20:22 am »
Do you have chance to flash bios again with efiflash tool?
It seemed main bios crash during bios flash and force to boot up into backup bios and unfortunately, backup bios has some bug to complete auto recovery on main bios.
It could be your present problem.