Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X79-UD5 & Windows 8 x64 = Onboard Microphone distorted

piece

GA-X79-UD5 & Windows 8 x64 = Onboard Microphone distorted
« on: September 12, 2012, 01:47:26 pm »
Hey there,

i've just switched from win 7 x64 to win 8 x64 and now my onboard microphone doesn't work any more. if i output the microphone input to my speakers (in the windows properties) and record it, i get something like this. if i do the same in the realtek hd audio manager it seems to work. however skype gets only distorted input.
i've tried the default windows 8 drivers, the gigabyte win 7 & 8 x64 drivers and the original realtek drivers for win 7 & 8 x64. also tried most (maybe all) possible settings regarding bit depth and frequency and the filters. any configuration has the same result.

has anyone a working microphone on this board and windows 8 or otherwise can confirm, that i'm not totally incompetent and there is indeed some problem here? i'm using the final windows 8 x64 from msdnaa. not the preview versions.

i've also tried a usb microphone ... works perfect ...

any help is appreciated.

Re: GA-X79-UD5 & Windows 8 x64 = Onboard Microphone distorted
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 09:48:00 am »
Exact same problem on my GA-X79_UD3

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 11:48:07 am »
same problem , server mother board, ud5, and same OS version from MSDNAA and yeah audio feed back works when doing it with realtek manager, i send gigabyte a support ticket and they replied . with this

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. Since Windows 8 is not officially launched now, we cannot guarantee it can work properly with our product. After we test the drivers with Windows 8, we will release them on our website as soon as possible.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

i just couldnt get this working i even posted the problem in MSDN web site
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itprohardware/thread/aeab61e0-745d-46b9-84c6-c784e14ecb88

some said it was a problem with hyper V, how ever i didn't enable hyper V so that's no help for me,

gigabyte really should do some thing about this, they most certainly would have received windows 8 way way before we got the copy so no excuse saying its not released yet.

since i couldnt get this working i have switched back to windows 7 for now. :(

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 07:44:02 pm »
I'm still having this problem. I've tried removing and reinstalling the drivers, but input from the mic is extremely distorted. I've also tried different headsets, and them on another machine. Everything points to a driver problem in Windows 8 x64.

What worries me a bit, is the fact that Gigabyte has already added a "Windows 8 Ready" sticker to the product page. Does that mean we won't see a driver update?

Personally I've already ordered a new soundcard (as I need to Skype for work), but I'm still very interested in when we can count on using the onboard again?

Tomus

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 01:15:10 pm »
I also have this problem with my GA-X79_UD3, have you found any solution?

I'm going to install Win7 on an extra hd I have, just to see if its a Win8 problem. My workaround atm is an usb-headset witch I like so much that I'm gonna stay with it, but I want my onboard microphone to work anyway.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 01:54:13 pm »
As my son in law as always said that the USB headsets are so much better. Then the regular type. 

He is having a problem with his board were everything works but the front connection have an echo when he speaks.

If he plugs them into the back of the computer they work fine. 

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. Since Windows 8 is not officially launched now, we cannot guarantee it can work properly with our product. After we test the drivers with Windows 8, we will release them on our website as soon as possible.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
GIGABYTE

That is wrong because it was  officially release in Aug 15 to companies like Gigabyte. They copies would be called RTM and that is the same copy that was release to the pubic in Oct.

Plus here it is almost 6 months later from the release date and they still have the problem.  :'(
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Tomus

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 05:23:30 pm »
I installed a beta bios F12p, and that helped!  :)

There is also new 2.71 version drivers out from realtek:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

piece

Re: GA-X79-UD5 & Windows 8 x64 = Onboard Microphone distorted [solved]
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 07:52:27 pm »
i already gave up hope but the f13p (there is no f12p) bios has finally a solution to this problem.
almost one year after the release of windows 8 ..... thanks for the good work, but next time please be faster.
or explain why this was so hard to fix.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:53:20 pm by piece »