Official GIGABYTE Forum

USB 3.0 problems on GA-Z77X-UD5H

USB 3.0 problems on GA-Z77X-UD5H
« on: October 29, 2012, 07:25:56 pm »
I just setup my new GA-Z77X-UD5H.  I am running a few USB 3.0 hard drives which I had connected to the rear ports and had no problems with these hard drives.  Then I updated the BIOS and none of the hard drivers would work via USB 3.0 anymore.  They would worked fine with USB 2.0 cables in the USB 3.0 ports or in the USB 2.0 ports.  I went through the bios and everything seems the same, I defaulted the motherboard bios just in case I missed something but it would not work.  I reloaded the Intel USB drivers but that did not change anything.

The curious thing is that I hooked up the 2 port USB 3.0 expansion that came with the mobo and they work just fine with my USB 3.0 hard drives, and all my drives work fine with a USB 3.0 pci card I through in, but I would like to get the 4 rear ports working.  The bios also seems to recognize my USB 3.0 hard drive when it is plugged into the back but Windows does not seem to recognize it.    What am I missing, is there I bios setting I may have missed or a different driver that i do not see on Gigabyte's website?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Re: USB 3.0 problems on GA-Z77X-UD5H
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 12:36:06 am »
I figured out on reading posts about similar problems with the D3H.  I was missing the VIA driver.  I assume the reason it was working before the firmware upgrade was because I did not have anything hooked up on of the internal USB 3 headers. Thank you for indirectly answering my question!