Official GIGABYTE Forum

Brand new Z77X-UD5H - NO OS CAN BOOT !!!

Brand new Z77X-UD5H - NO OS CAN BOOT !!!
« on: November 15, 2012, 09:19:51 am »
I've just receive my brand new Z77X-UD5H. And I cannot make any OS work, it does boot boot doesn't work, read below

Here is my configuration:
MotherBoard: Z77X-UD5H
BIOS version: F14
CPU: Intel 3770K
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB (4 x 4GB) Ref: CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
Hard Drive: Crucial M4

When running on my test, the CPU temp was around 36C

I've so far try to boot my Windows 7 after upgrading to this motherboard, I know that it could be a problem, and may need a full re-install, anyway when I try to boot, I see the WIndows 7 logo, and the computer shutdown. Using Safe Mode works without issue, I have installed this drivers while in Safe Mode:
mb_driver_chipset_intel_7series.exe
mb_driver_intel_me_7series.exe
mb_driver_intel_usb3.exe
mb_driver_marvell_msu.exe
mb_driver_marvell_sata_controller.exe

After the install of these drivers: I have rebooted in Normal mode, and same thing, Windows Logo, and computer shutdonw, the last code I see on the motherboard is A0 (seems to be normal).

I have run a Memtest 4.20+ to check the memory no error are found
I have tried to boot the computer with 1 memory chip, got the same result (I've tried the 4 memory chips)

So because I know that upgrading a motherboard without a full reinstall of the OS is not recommended. I have tried with some other Operating system

I have installed ubuntu-12.10-desktop-amd64.iso on a USB, I've tied to boot from USB, and same thing, Linux start booting up, and shutdown !

I've tried also Backtrack last version, and same thing, linus start booting up, and the computer shutdown

I've tried some other OS booting from USB, and the result is always the same. Linux start booting up, and the computer shutdown.

Some of the OS, or Linux tools that I use shutdown the computer right after the linux boot log shows ""setting up system devices""

I'm almost ready to RMA this motherboard, but wanted to contact you first

Hope you can help !

Thanks you