Official GIGABYTE Forum

Has anyone encountered USB_BUG_CODE_DRIVER BSOD?

Has anyone encountered USB_BUG_CODE_DRIVER BSOD?
« on: November 15, 2012, 08:21:15 pm »
Ever since I got this Z77X-UD3H motherboard to replace my old X58 motherboard, I've been getting intermittent USB_BUG_CODE_DRIVER errors

At first I thought it was related to the VIA USB 3.0 problems, even though I'm using the USB 2.0 headers on the motherboard with USB 2.0 devices. Then I thought it was my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 install. But yesterday I got it on Windows 8 Pro x64, even though it's a FRESH, CLEAN install. Now I wonder if it's related to my K90 Vengeance mechanical keyboard, which requires *TWO* USB 2.0 ports (it has 20KRO with both ports)., and has recently stopped working. But I was getting the USB_BUG_CODE_DRIVER issues before the keyboard stopped working, so I'm not sure

I'll probably end up RMA'ing the keyboard, but do I need to RMA the motherboard too?

Processor: Core i5 Ivy Bridge (K Series)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
BIOS: F17
OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (and Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Linux)
Note: Enabled ErP in BIOS after problem started occuring. Disabled all other power-saving states in BIOS. Problem occurs even under enough load to prevent power-saving, and "High Performance". Problem also occurs on USB 3.0 ports. Problem also occurs on "Pluggable" brand USB 2.0 external hub connected to one of the motherboard's headers.

Have not gotten problem with all USB devices disconnected, however I can't really use the computer in a normal fashion like this as my sound system requires USB.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 08:41:10 pm by generalmx »

ysw

Re: Has anyone encountered USB_BUG_CODE_DRIVER BSOD?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 02:23:25 am »
you may try to update to f19a.
you can find this bios from TT forum.
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html