Official GIGABYTE Forum

X58A-UD5 Problem with SYS_FAN2 - only spinning ~500 RPM

X58A-UD5 Problem with SYS_FAN2 - only spinning ~500 RPM
« on: February 20, 2010, 09:00:59 pm »
It's the same model Noctua NF-S12B FLX I have on another fan header, but it is only getting enough power to spin at around 500 RPM. The other spins around 1200 RPM, like they are supposed to. Is there a way to change this is BIOS? I have smart fan disabled.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:13:04 pm by SolidGoldstein »

Re: X58A-UD5 Problem with SYS_FAN2 - only spinning ~500 RPM
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 07:21:15 pm »
I'd have to check when I get home but I say it's probably the board, to get it to spin faster I would purchase a Molex to 3pin fan header for like a buck or two, might be the quickest solution. My board only allows me to adjust the CPU fan speed automatically by temperature using Voltage, that seems to work good for me.

Re: X58A-UD5 Problem with SYS_FAN2 - only spinning ~500 RPM
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 05:26:54 am »
I'd have to check when I get home but I say it's probably the board, to get it to spin faster I would purchase a Molex to 3pin fan header for like a buck or two, might be the quickest solution. My board only allows me to adjust the CPU fan speed automatically by temperature using Voltage, that seems to work good for me.

I have one of those, but I like to keep the wiring as clean as possible. Every fan is plugged into the nearest header and all the molex connectors are tucked away. I might test the fan on another power source to see if it's the fan, but this is totally excessive. No other case has a card slot exhaust box, so it's not a high priority..... I'll update this thread later

Thanks!