Official GIGABYTE Forum

USB 3 DRIVERS Z77-UDH3 (JUDDERING IN WINDOWS)

USB 3 DRIVERS Z77-UDH3 (JUDDERING IN WINDOWS)
« on: October 05, 2012, 09:03:12 am »
Hi Guys

I have a small problem wiy new customer built PC. Whenever i load the Intel USB 3 drivers they dont work. Luckily the VIA does work. However , when im Windows 7. I get small judders where my Microsoft Wireless keyboard and mouworking for 3 second periods. Very annoying. This only happens when using the USB 3 ports. Using USB 2 ports. Everything works perfectly fine.

Any suggestions?

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: USB 3 DRIVERS Z77-UDH3 (JUDDERING IN WINDOWS)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 09:29:59 am »
Hi and welcome.

You haven't given us much detail to go on but I would suggest updating the BIOS to the latest version and then load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Next completely remove all instances of the USB3.0 in the Device Manager and then let it find it again. Now load the newest drivers for that device. Also make sure that USB3.0 is enabled in the BIOS.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Fatman

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 09:11:48 am »
Maybe the keyboard is not USB compiant? Even though it should be backward compatible.

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 09:58:15 am »
Hello

Many thanks for the information. I have tried uninstalling all the drivers for USB and reboot. No difference unfortunately. My Spec is

Gigabyte Z77 - UDH3
Intel I7 2600 K Overclocked in bios
8GB G Skill 1600 RAM ( 2x4 )
Nvidia GTX 580
Corsair 950Watt GOLD PSU
Heavy Duty Fan for CPU
Thermaltake case
Blu Ray DVD/DVD-RW
5-1 Memory Card reader.

I am using a Microsoft 3000 Wireless keyboard and mouse.

This is very strange as when using the two ports at the front of my case it works fine. I presume these are USB 2 ports. When using wireless mouse and keyboard device in USB3 i get the 2-3 second pause. Which then goes away for several minutes, and then re-occurs. When playing F1 2012 the Microsoft Wired XBOX controller works fine. My 910C logitech webcam works fine. I am using all current drivers for my windows setup. All graphics drivers are updated to current versions. I had a similar problem with my previous motherboard P8-PNPLE Asus which was pretty basic board. However that board died on me. I have a feeling its a USB driver issue. Can i only use Intel & VIA drivers for my motherboard?

Any help you guys can offer would be great .. Would i be better purchasing a wired keyboard and mouse and use the PS2 port for it?. If i go wireless again would i have the same issues? Ohh and just replaced all batteries for mouse and keyboard.

Michael.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 07:49:14 pm »
I have a similar problem, the intel port two on the back and internal connected to frontpanel works perfectly for me but the four via:s at the backpanel causes freexing of the mouse for 1-3s every few minutes. Also my external dac/amplifier will not play smooth if i connect it using the via:s ports. Since i need three functiona usb ports in the back for keyboard mouse and audio dac this is a big issue for me. My WD usb drive works as expected on the via ports no stuttering during video playback from external drive, and decent HDtach results of 90MB/S. All devices appear correctly installed when exploring device manager and no errors in the event viewer. I tried removing all via drivers in the task manager including delete files, and reinstalling before using the via port but this did not help. I will try to RMA this board as the VIA compatability issue is just too annoying. This brings memorys up from the trublesome via 4in1 driver of past MB. I dont know if it is hardware related or software but this does not matter since the MB has been on the market for some months so software problems should have been fixed by now.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 05:00:18 pm »
I found what caused the problems. It was the wifi card from d-link dwg-547 legacy pci that caused massive DPC latency for the via usb ports over 8000micro seconds. Disabling the wifi card and no mire latency spikes. The problem is that i need my wifi card so I hope gigabyte will improve compatability in future bios revisions. I solved it somewhat by installing atheros drivers instead of d-link drivers and setting process priority to high on soundcard.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 09:07:17 pm »
Having a similar problem on my GA-Z77X-UP4 TH Z77 R. I don't have a wireless card on mine (that I know of). Its not too big of a problem on my mouse and keyboard but hella annoying when it drops your internet connection :P

Specs:
Not overclocked.
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost)
GA-Z77X-UP4 TH Z77 R
Corsair 650W PSU
Geforce GTX 660 Ti
CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB)