Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-970A-D3 failing to update bios.

GA-970A-D3 failing to update bios.
« on: November 30, 2012, 01:49:54 am »
I have recently bought borderlands 2, and momentarily after I launch it, it freezes. I have found out that it is due to an issue with the AMD fx series processors. I'd also found out that to fix this problem I have to update to the latest BIOS. Here's where the problem lies: I have a GA-970A-D3 rev1.1, and I have visited the manufacturers website and downloaded the f11 version BIOS (the latest one). Now, I've formatted my usb to FAT32 (recommended in the user manual), extracted the f11 version and placed the file I need to update the BIOS onto said usb. Whenever I use qflash to update the BIOS, I get an error message saying "BIOS check id error". This would suggest that I have used the wrong BIOS download, but to clarify; I used this website:
http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908&dl=1#bios

specs:
GA-970A-D3 rev 1.1 motherboard (i currently have the f7 version bios)
sapphire hd radeon 6770 gpu
amd fx(tm) 6100 x6 cpu

I don't know what to do from here, any help or advice would be appreciated.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-970A-D3 failing to update bios.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 07:51:47 pm »
Hi there,

my best guess, as to the reason for the problem you are facing is, that the file size for the F11 BIOS is a little bigger than the F7 BIOS.

When the BIOS  update file is larger than the existing BIOS it is advised to use the @BIOS utility to upgrade and this is what I would do to flash the F11 BIOS.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.