Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-EP45-UD3L ram errors and irratic postH

dsjjr

GA-EP45-UD3L ram errors and irratic postH
« on: December 29, 2009, 07:33:52 pm »
Hello Forum.
I really need some help.  I just purchased an GA-EP45-UD3L motherboard, 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066 (recommended by newegg), Intel Q8300, and Radeon HD 3870 Vid Card, but I've been having some major issues posting and accepting memory.
It seems that in any configuration it initially takes 5 to sometimes 20 or more boot attempts before I am able to get the pc to post. Tried clearing cmos and no difference.  There are many failed post attempts, the hard drives and video card powers up but the cpu fan doesn't spin and system doesnt post. after many attempts in any ram configuration the system will finally post, and after a successful post, every post after that is fine...until ram configuration is changed, then back to square one again.
 But the real problem is that the system is stable with one 2GB stick but unstable with both...I get a blue screen crash with both sticks, and errors running memtest.

I've tried the same thing with other ram, ddr2 800 and the same thing.  Many attempted post attempts to get a successful post, and only stable with one stick, never two. 

Tried mem on every slot, updated bios, and removed all other hardware except video card and same results.  I've also tried manually configuring memory voltage and timings in bios, and load optimum settings in bios...all to no avail.
I've been able to see other web posts with the same problem, but not any solutions.
Any advise is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
DJ

Pottypete

Re: GA-EP45-UD3L ram errors and irratic postH
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 07:53:16 pm »
hi,
If your getting memtest errors on the memory sticks their shafted,
Make sure your memory is compatable and on the qv lists by gigabyte for your mobo,
Cheers

dsjjr

Re: GA-EP45-UD3L ram errors and irratic postH
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 10:56:01 pm »
no this model wasn't on the supported list for the DDR 1066, but was for a different speed I believe. I tried to order all my parts from newegg, but couldn't find any from the supported list, so I got what they recommended.  I did read reviews of others who has successfully used this ram, but have no way to contact them.  If I get no other suggestions I'll return it and purchase ram that is documented as supported.
Thanks Pottypete.