Official GIGABYTE Forum

no video after adding hdmi monitor

no video after adding hdmi monitor
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:28:53 am »
This is what I had previously posted to the Gigabyte support :

Previously using a single monitor on the top DVI plug had no issues however, when replacing with a new monitor using an HDMI connection I turned off the PC, unplugged the DVI connection and plugged in the HDMI connection, turned the pc power back on and the new HDMI monitor worked without any issues. I quickly realised I wanted to re add the old DVI monitor as a secondary monitor so I turned the pc power off and reconnected the DVI monitor and left the HDMI connected as a main monitor and had no issues the first time it was turned on. After restarting however I lost any display from any of the ports. I have tried many solutions from using different monitors, wires, PCI-e 2.0 slots reset my bios and even removed the video card completely and turned on the computer to let it run and hopefully reset the settings when re entering the video card. I continue to have no video through any of the ports. even tho the BIOS does not make any beeps signaling that it reads the video card properly. Both monitors have been checked using another computer and work fine.

motherboard : Gigabyte G1 Assassin 2
BIOS ver. : f11
Windows 7 64x

Re: no video after adding hdmi monitor
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 07:42:57 pm »
I forgot to add the video card: GIGABYTE GV-N570OC-13I Rev2.0

there is no dedicated or 2nd video card and i am unable to enter bios or change the drivers and i just passed the 1 year warranty 15 days ago

UPDATE:

I just had some amount of progress. I had left the video card pulled out of the computer for a few hours allowing the card to rest and hopefully reset all settings, after re installing the card in the regular slot I was able to get video from the original top DVI port, but still no video in the HDMI port. After going through the NVIDIA control panel to check all settings I found that the computer thought there was a default "Digital Monitor" connected in the bottom DVI even though there has never been a connection to this port at any time. After trying to get the computer to recognize my HDMI monitor in the bottom DVI port there was success and both monitors are able to run, I however still cannot use the HDMI port as i would prefer.

After uninstalling the NVidia driver and restarting I have again lost any video from any of the ports

Störung

Re: no video after adding hdmi monitor
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 12:46:02 pm »
When you start up your computer and your screens stay black, but you do hear windows start up?
It is probably caused by the HDMI connection.
You can try to unplug the HDMI, and replug it after you started up your computer, but I think you'll have to set your HDMI monitor as secondairy.
Cooler Master HAF-XB / Z77-UD4H rev1.0 / i5-3570K / NZXT Kraken M22 / 16GB HyperX Beast / Samsung 120GB 850series (OS)/ Crucial MX500 500GB / Cooler Master Silent Pro 800W / MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G / Win10 Pro 64bit