Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77 Ds3H Main boot corrupted

Z77 Ds3H Main boot corrupted
« on: November 21, 2012, 06:09:41 pm »
Hello, this is my first post. I decide to try a solution before open an rma.

My case is really strange:

From two days, my PC don't start properly. Power on PC, fan starting to work but shut down after few seconds. Again, I give the power on from the case, same results but PC restart automatically and appear this screen:

Again, again and again. Every time I shut down the PC, this is what happens. PC runs without problem after that, but I can't keep a PC that every day has main bios corrupted for anomaly reasons.

What I have tried?
- Keep F3 bios, doesn't help. Flash again with @bios and catch the F9 bios, doesn't help.
- Clear cmos, doesn't help.
- Changed ram slots, doesn't help.  

Thank you for reading

PS: my rig
GTX 670
8 gb corsair vengeance 1,5v
cooler master 620watt psu.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 06:14:06 pm by Marco87 »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Z77 Ds3H Main boot corrupted
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:18 pm »
Hi there,

not sure why this is happening and best advice I can offer is to reflash the BIOS but use QFlash utility rather than the @BIOS software. If you are not sure how to flash the BIOS using QFlash check here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2441.msg13929.html#msg13929.

Once you have reflashed the BIOS if you are still having problems then try synchronising the BIOS versions by copying the Main BIOS to the back up BIOS chip. To do this.....

Shutdown the PC and disconnect the power supply.
Wait 30 seconds and without reconnecting the mains power press the power switch on the PC and wait another few seconds. (this just makes sure that all electrical charge is dissipated.)
Reconnect mains power and start PC but press the "Alt" + "F10" keys simultaneously, in the same manner as pressing the "Del" Key to enter BIOS. This should bring up a BIOS screen about copying Main BIOS to Backup Chip, just follow the on screen instructions.

Once the copy process has completed power down the PC.
Restart PC as normal. You will not need to make any changes to the BIOS after this process as it is purely copying things to the Back Up Chip.

EDIT 22/11/12: Just noticed a newer BIOS version for your motherboard over at TweakTown here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios-683.html Although it is a beta BIOS it might be worthwhile updating to this version.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 10:46:33 am by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: Z77 Ds3H Main boot corrupted
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 05:17:54 pm »
Hi again.

Now I'm going to tell you what I have tried in this two months:

- Update bios and sync new bios beta, doesn't work
- First of all, I contacted Amazon and I have changed my motherboard with a new one. They have shipped me the new motherboard, but nothing is changed.
-I replaced my heatsink with intel stock, nothing is changed.
-I buy other corsair vengeance ram, doesn't work.

I tried OCCT

This is the result, no error, no problem, PC works perfect. 

I removed dvd player, but hey, as you can imaging, nothing change :D
I isolate hard drive, put a distro linux, nothing.

I thought about short circuit with case, so I bought washers to put on the screws. Nothing.

I really don't know what else I can do, apart selling the motherboard.