Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z68AP-D3 : Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter

Z68AP-D3 : Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter
« on: December 29, 2012, 06:06:12 am »
Hello,

Long Story Short:

I had Windows and Linux both installed on my HDD, i tried to clean the partion that had Linux installed, after i restart my pc it worked fine.
I close my pc and went out and when i came back i booted my pc and i saw this message: "Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter".

What i tried:
  • Boot from Windows CD so i can repair the Windows.(Doesn't boot anything and it goes back to the message above)
  • Opened my pc and checked my connections and everything.
  • Bought a new SSD and tried to installed Windows there without my HDD plugged into the system.(I wanted to buy an SSD before the problem so i find the opportunity and i though that the problem it might caused by my HDD).
  • Got my HDD and plugged into my brothers pc. I can see the files of Windows and everything from Windows but still my HDD doesn't boot.(So i thought that the problem might be on software and not on hardware)
  • Checked from BIOS both my HDD and SSD if could see them(And it could).
  • Changed the cables and tried another slots for my HDD and SSD.
  • I inserted a copy of Macintosh CD to checked if my Windows CD had problem.(Macintosh CD boots and when i tried to install couldn't see my HDD and SSD as choices to install. Checked my Windows CD on my brother's pc and worked.
  • I inserted a LiveBoot CD to try restore or repair my Windows and my Disk but nothing changed(The LiveBoot CD booted and runned normally.This means i tried to fix from the options it gave me but nothing changed)
  • As a friend told me the SSD needs to change from IDE to AHCI SATA mode to be able to install Windows. Did it and nothing.

Story with all details(all details that i thing they might caused the problem):

I bought a new pc and istalled for first time Windows. As my college needed i install Wubi Linux to work on it.
(I changed the boot menu that ask which OS to boot and hide the extra choice from Linux and changed the order of Windows and Linux)
After a while i needed to check something and i plugged in an old hard disk to my pc and installed Windows on it.
When i did this the Windows and Linux choices disappered and new ones appeared that was Windows and Windows.
The old hard disk with Windows was unplugged after what i wanted it to and the boot screen still had him.
I let it be that way for some time. A day ago i wanted to fix it and remove it so i searched on the internet and found some ways.
First i used a program that was for that reason so i removed the Windows that was from my old hard disk and was unplugged and let the main one.
Also i changed the settings to skip the boot screen cause of only 1 option. Everything was fine up until there.
But the Linux partion was still there and i couldn't access it with someway so i decide to delete it and i found on the internet a way to delete a partion and then merged with the rest of the my disk. The partions that merged was the one with my files (not the system's partion) and the Linux partions that i deleted. I restarted my pc and was fine. I used the program to restore my boot screen file so it won't have anything wrong and be as new(and i think that is the reason that i have this problem now) and after restart still was fine. Then cause i didn't have much time and i had to go i closed my pc and didn't check or tried anything else to see if everything works fine. After i came home and booted my pc the message appeared:
"Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter"  >:(

My PC specificationst:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 (not sure where to find the revision number)
BIOS Version: FB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 Kit
GPU: Sapphire 7850 OC
CD/DVD ROM: Sony DVD-RW Sata AD-7280S Bulk
PSU: Corsair Professional HX 1050 Modular

Sorry for my mistakes, my English aren't that good. Tried my best me and my assistant(Google Translate) :)

And hello everyone new one on this forum :D

Thanks in advance!!

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:43:41 am by kyriakos7610 »