Official GIGABYTE Forum

UEFI Bios

UEFI Bios
« on: December 29, 2012, 12:59:16 am »
Hi I have P67A-UD3-B3 mother board with the F9 bios right now and I would like to update to the latest UEFI bios.  I guess I need help in getting started in this update process.   do I need to make a usb stick bootable ?  if so how? Do I use Qflash for this update?    when I download the uefi bios from gigabyte there is only 2 files and I have read there is supposed to be 3 files.   

thanks for your help.   

Re: UEFI Bios
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 03:51:00 am »
you all have a happy new year

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 08:15:15 am »
Hi there,

to switch from Award BIOS to the AMI UEFI BIOS you have to do things a little differently and you can not use QFlash or @BIOS for doing this.

Check here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,7410.msg70474.html#msg70474 for how to go about swapping to UEFI.

You will need to create a bootable USB pendrive to update the BIOS as the flashefi.exe program needs to be run in DOS mode.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 04:37:48 pm »
Thanks Absic for your reply.   just have to figure out how to make a usb stick bootable now and I should be good to go.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 04:41:00 pm »
I found this link useful: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/46707-ms-dos-bootable-flash-drive-create.html when I wanted a dos bootable pendrive
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 04:47:46 pm »
Thanks I really appreciate your help :)

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 04:55:33 pm »
No problem.  ;)