Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1.Sniper M3 (LGA 1155) Microphone Issue

G1.Sniper M3 (LGA 1155) Microphone Issue
« on: January 29, 2013, 09:52:04 pm »
Hey, I recently made a significant upgrade to my PC where as I bought a new Motherboard, Processor and RAM.

However, while I'm very pleased so far I'm having some very weird issue with my Microphone and the on-board audio. With my previous Microphone all I had was the Microphone Volume set to 100% and the Microphone Boost set to +10dB and my friends could hear me very well in games and ventrilo etc.

Now, however, the Microphone Volume is at 100% and the Boost is set all the way to +30dB and my friends can barely hear me. It's extremely faint, the audio's a bit clearer, a lot clearer actually. But the volume itself is also reduced by such an amount that the microphone isn't really working.

I've tried to disable all the fancy shmancy stuff Creative have set on by default as well as downloaded the latest drivers.

Headset/Microphone is SteelSeries Sibera V2, I'm currently using the backpanel for both my headphones and my microphone.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Re: G1.Sniper M3 (LGA 1155) Microphone Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 02:49:33 am »
Okay, so I've managed to get my microphone to work properly - by not using the Creative software, that meaning no CrystalVoice or anything is in place and it now has more background noise but they can actually hear it very well now as opposed to really, really low volume.

Is there a way to disable this crappy "Super Mega Ultra Clear Voice Microphone Effect XXX Best" s***? It does nothing other than make my microphone useless, the software is amazing for my headphones in terms of audio quality and the equalizer is nice. But it completely nullifies my Microphone because ??????????