Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA X58A UD3R updated to FH now it will not boot

GA X58A UD3R updated to FH now it will not boot
« on: January 29, 2013, 06:11:02 am »
I updated the CPU to the i7 980X, and the board only recognized 8GB of ram when there was 16GB installed, it would boot to {verifying DMI data pool}, then give the error {detecting dram} than reboot, I updated the bios from FF to FH hoping it would fix my memory problem but then windows would not boot, so I took everything apart and noticed one of the pins on the board under the CPU was bent, so I fixed it and put every thing back together, now it recognizes all the ram with no error msgs but it still will not boot, when it gets to { verifying DMI data pool} it stops and hangs there, it doesn't freeze it just stops, so I put my windows 7 install DVD in just to get it to boot but it did the same thing.
I tried to go back to the old bios but when I try I get the error msg {invalid size} so the only way to load the old bios is to do it in windows, but I cant get it top boot into windows.... so I'm stuck.... any help would be great
Gigabyte X58A UD3R i7 980X @ 4GHZ ASUS GTX 570 16GB DDR3 1600

Re: GA X58A UD3R updated to FH now it will not boot
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 01:52:43 am »
I tried one more thing last night, I plugged the hard drive into one of the sata 3 ports and it booted up perfectly, I did some testing and found out that not all of my drives work, I'm giong to see if I can go back to bios version FF

Re: GA X58A UD3R updated to FH now it will not boot
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 01:40:43 pm »
Everything is working great now, the only way I could upgrade the bios from FF to FH is to use @BIOS, its a Gigabyte tool I downloaded from there website.
I dont know why bios version FH did not work for me but I'm happy with a working computer