Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-73VM-S2 no onboard video

HR186S

GA-73VM-S2 no onboard video
« on: December 31, 2012, 11:45:00 pm »
Hello, I'm having problems with my GA-73VM-S2.
A few days ago I got a BSOD and since then the pc won't boot up and the 7900 GTX graphics card fan is on 100% with no video signal.
I removed the graphics card plugged the cable into the onboard video, removed the battery, and cleared the cmos with the jumper.

There is no video signal from the onboard video at all. No beeps from the onboard speaker either.
I don't have another PCI-E graphics card to test in the machine either, so i cant get into the bios to change settings.
Should clearing the cmos enable the onboard graphics again? I'm sure i changed it to PCI when i built it.

I've also reseated the card numerous times, cleaned it, changed out PSU's, and the RAM.

Had a similar problem with a 9800 GTX which I baked in the oven to bring back to life, but that just died a few days later. As a last resort I suppose I could bake this one, to get into the bios to change the settings for the onboard video.

Any other ideas before I fire up the oven?

Re: GA-73VM-S2 no onboard video
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:41:27 am »
Im no expert HR.. but looks to me like a motherboard prob. It's not even giving a video signal.