Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1 Sniper M3 rev 1.0 new build

Graceman

G1 Sniper M3 rev 1.0 new build
« on: January 21, 2013, 03:56:20 pm »
I have now finally just finished a new build of the G1 Sniper M3 which I started in November.

Delay was cause by faulty components for the water cooling I  was building into this new build.

I used the 
Antec NSK 4000B II Midi Tower Case - Black
Gigabyte G! Sniper M3 board
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK Builder Series CX430V2 - 80 Plus Certified Power Supply   
OCZ RVD3-FHPX4-240G 240GB RevoDrive3 PCI-E Solid State Drive

So far so good this was the easy part then I decided to use water cooling so added an  Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 120mm Single Radiator : Full Copper
Alphacool DC-LT 12v Ceramic Pump
Alphacool Reservoir for DC-LT Pump Top : Plexi
Alphacool DC-LT Pump Top : Plexi

This turned out to be my downfall. 
The products were so poor in their engineering quality that one part failed and the replacement required some re engineering on my art so I could assemble them. I have tried to raise this with Alphacool but you might as well throw snowballs at the sun.
They seem to lack any adherence to Iso standards of engineering tolerances that you have to actually question the German origins.

However I did manage at last to finish the build with the Cpu cooling block and for this I choose the
EK Supremacy CSQ Universal Fulll Copper water block.
This not only looked good it was easy to fit and the EK Barbed compression fitting match it perfectly.

I use clear 3/8-1/2 tube, and then the fun started filling it with water and getting all the air out. No one seems to mention this but it was quite good fun trying to chase water bubbles around the circuit and topping up, I used a 12% mix of car screen wash to act as an anti corrosion and algae inhibitor.

Now its just sitting there waiting to De-aerate and for me to gain the courage to actually switch to all on.

I had a great response from Specialtech from whom I bought the EK water block, their service is excellent I cannot recommend them enough very fast and reliable.

Ek water-blocks also responded to questions I had about orientation with speed and apart from the Alphcool products it was a good build.
Antec NSK4000B II Midi Tower Case
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 rv 1.0
I7/3770K
16Gb Csair Vengance Ram
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK PSU  CX430V2  
OCZ RVD3-FHPX4-240G 240GB RevoDrive3 PCI-E SSD

Alcool DC-LT 12v Ceramic Pump
Alcool Rvoir for DC-LT Pump
Alcool DC-LT Pump Top
EK Supremacy CSQ Univ Full