Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1 Sniper M3 Unstable & odd Bios failure warnings

Graceman

G1 Sniper M3 Unstable & odd Bios failure warnings
« on: January 25, 2013, 11:51:48 am »
Since this board was switched on there has been a series of odd faults like the Sys fan 1 starting then stopping until you have rebooted five times.
Two Bios failure warnings that rest Bios to optimal defaults Bios is now F9
Mouse still does not function off Ps2 port. would not have found this if I used USB option but I still have preference for Ps2 for keyboard & mouse.

This morning five reboots followed by Bios failure and then the sysfan 1 ran continuously is it supposed to start then stop?
Is there a way to make it run continuously?
I have to use this fan to run my water pump as its to far from the cpu fan socket.

Sysfan 3  fan drive is being used to run the main case fan this runs continuously but this fan is part of the same bios configuration so why does one start & stop whereas the other does not?

I seem to have more questions than answers at the moment?
Antec NSK4000B II Midi Tower Case
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 rv 1.0
I7/3770K
16Gb Csair Vengance Ram
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK PSU  CX430V2  
OCZ RVD3-FHPX4-240G 240GB RevoDrive3 PCI-E SSD

Alcool DC-LT 12v Ceramic Pump
Alcool Rvoir for DC-LT Pump
Alcool DC-LT Pump Top
EK Supremacy CSQ Univ Full

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: G1 Sniper M3 Unstable & odd Bios failure warnings
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:52:15 pm »
Hi Graceman,

I notice that you have a lot of different threads running with various questions and problems that you are encountering. You may well, have already posted the information but could you post back with your full system specs?

Also, it might be better if we tried to consolidate everything under one heading until your issues are resolved as it would make it easier for those trying to help to see what has been tried or other advice offered without having to keep skipping through your various posts.

With regard to your waterpump for the cooling system, I run mine directly from the PSU to avoid any problems. Can you do this?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Graceman

Re: G1 Sniper M3 Unstable & odd Bios failure warnings
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:12:59 pm »
Yes this is what I have done I found a molex to three pin socket with just the black & red wires connected their was a white wire also  from the  molex end that terminated in a plug that located on the Sys/fan socket on the board this has now allowed positive starting of the pump and the white wire is supplying the fan speed to the MB

Ok so this looks like its an initial start up load and the MB does not like it and turns off the sys/fan socket. But where I could run the pump at 1350 rpm its now running at 3500rpm. It would have been nice to have a speed control and I now suspect teh problem was the Voltage was being dragged down which is why the pump speed was low when directly connected.

Its is now connected to the PSU via the Molex red & black wires and the white wire to the sys/fan socket. It all start ok now but just a bit more noise from the pump.

CPU runs well coll now before it got to 35c after 4 hours idle and now its 28 c

Still cannot work out what has happened to the mouse socket?
Antec NSK4000B II Midi Tower Case
Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 rv 1.0
I7/3770K
16Gb Csair Vengance Ram
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK PSU  CX430V2  
OCZ RVD3-FHPX4-240G 240GB RevoDrive3 PCI-E SSD

Alcool DC-LT 12v Ceramic Pump
Alcool Rvoir for DC-LT Pump
Alcool DC-LT Pump Top
EK Supremacy CSQ Univ Full