Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77N-WIFI Stability Problems

GA-Z77N-WIFI Stability Problems
« on: January 25, 2013, 08:28:47 pm »
Hi All,

I'm having a few issues after putting together a mini-ITX build with the GA-Z77N-WIFI motherboard.  The main problem is that after installing Windows 8, my screen will flicker with random horizontal lines on the display as I progress through the configuration process.   I've tried the process of re-installing the OS a few times and each time the system is pretty unstable after booting into windows.  A few minutes after booting, I'll inevitably get a BSOD followed by the system restarting.  I'm not at home right now, but I can include the DUMP details later on. 

The system appears to work fine in Safe mode, so I'm thinking that this has to be driver related.  I've tried updating all of the recommended drivers from the Gigabyte Driver DVD, and downloaded/installed the Intel Graphics HD4000 driver to the latest available.  Unfortunately, the flickering horizontal lines remain and the system will reboot on me after a few minutes of use every time I try to boot normally (non-safe mode).  Any advice or suggestions would be helpful.

My build components are the following:

• Motherboard: GA-Z77N-WIFI
  • RAM: 2x4GB Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3
  • CPU: Intel Core i3 3225
  • HD: SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" SSD
  • Case: Antec ISK 300-150