Official GIGABYTE Forum

H55M-S2H: Boot fails. Repeated short beeps, then powers off.

H55M-S2H: Boot fails. Repeated short beeps, then powers off.
« on: February 08, 2013, 06:20:01 pm »
I've been using my PC with H55M-S2H mobo on it basically everyday since I built it back in 2010. And just recently, for the first time, I didn't use it for three days.
And now suddenly, it refuses to boot. As mentioned in the subject, I get a bip-bip-bip-bip-bip series of short beeps and it shuts itself off, when I try to boot it. According to the user manual, short continuous beeps are indicating a "power error". However, what kind of error would this mean?
Any tips on how I should proceed with diagnosing where the power error is? Thanks.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: H55M-S2H: Boot fails. Repeated short beeps, then powers off.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 08:42:54 am »
This kind of problem can be really frustrating, especially when everything was working fine and there is no apparent explanation to the cause of the issue.

Best advice I can offer here is to remove all external USB devices, including mouse and keyboard as a starting point as I have known a faulty mouse to cause this kind of situation.

Also, don't dismiss the PSU as being faulty as, once again, I have seen a very similar thing happen on a PC I built for a friend. It would work fine for days and then suddenly refuse to start, only to work perfectly when he brought it to me to check out!  :P

If still no luck, could you post back with a full list of your system components?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.