Official GIGABYTE Forum

RST or RSTe with X79-UD5

Re: RST or RSTe with X79-UD5
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 08:40:03 pm »
There is a new RST enterprise maintainace package available from Intel now, which resolves the issue I had with V3.5 failing to install.

Quote:

"This Intel® RSTe 3.6.0.1093 maintenance release package is targeted to resolve the issue outlined in Technical Advisor (IBL document number) 510520. The Technical Advisor outlines a potential compatibility conflict exits between the Intel® RSTe driver and current production Solid State drives (SSDs) that do not have support for power safe write cache. Please log onto your IBL account and download the document."

Apparently V3.5 did not like my Crucial M4 system drive.

Kain

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 06:14:52 pm »
I just installed these drivers on my X79-UD3. First thing I noticed is that when I restart my computer, it shuts down completely and then starts back up normally after like 3-4 seconds. Why does it now have to shut down completely when I restart it?

Kain

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 06:40:31 pm »
Wow, this latest RSTe driver totally killed my AS SSD score. Going back to the driver that was released prior to this one.  :(

Kain

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 10:53:04 pm »
I ended up installing the latest RST driver. AS SSD shows similar results to RSTe (prior to "killed" results of the latest RSTe) but my computer boots 2-3 seconds faster now. :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:53:38 pm by Kain »

Kain

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 09:26:21 pm »
Sure should be under the section of your bios called peripherals...then you should see the option IRST which if you click on it gives you the option of IRST or IRSTe.

I still can't find it.  :-[

I've looked under Peripherals and there no option for RST and RSTe. However, with the latest beta BIOS for my X79-UD3, I had RSTe installed and it seems the new BIOS killed my 4K scores in AS SSD. The 4K "write" scores won't go above 2.7 MB/sec. I then uninstalled them and tried the latest RST drivers. They worked and my scores are pretty much back to normal (however still slightly lower than what I had before installing the latest BIOS).

Does the X79-UD3 BIOS automatically switch between the two depending on which I install? Why did my 4K "write" scores get destroyed when I had RSTe installed? I had RSTe installed before I updated the BIOS.