Official GIGABYTE Forum

B75M-D3H , Disabling UEFI Bios

JD1111

B75M-D3H , Disabling UEFI Bios
« on: January 05, 2013, 04:07:21 pm »
hi,

I want to go back to the old style bios , is there any option to do that in this motherboard ? My laptop also has uefi bios & by default comes with uefi bios disabled.

I tried some options under "Bios Features" in the bios , some options did not work & finally trying one option made the board un-bootabled , had to reset bios .

Please help.

codera

Re: B75M-D3H , Disabling UEFI Bios
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:07:48 pm »
Why do You want to change the BIOS?
I have two of these motherboard and they both are working well.
Also i dont think, that the BIOS can be changed to old legacy version. This motherboard came with UEFI BIOS, so no old version avaible, correct me if i am wrong.

JD1111

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 10:04:12 pm »
I want to go back to the old bios because whenever i start the PC or wake it from sleep i get loud sound like some big motor was started, it is probably from all the fans in the pc , it lasts 2-3 seconds , so the fans are running faster than normal for a few seconds & may get damaged , i read some where that this caused buy uefi bios & wanted to see if disabling it makes any difference , also when i was installing a SSD in my PC, the bios was only detecting one drive , i had to remove the old drive to install the ssd, again this may only be an issue with uefi & not the old bios .

JD1111

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 12:49:31 pm »
bump , anyone disabled uefi on this board?