Official GIGABYTE Forum

Device Manager Help..

Device Manager Help..
« on: February 05, 2013, 07:55:34 pm »
 Hi.. My Hard-drive frazzled,  So I had to buy 2ndhand H/D.. So re--installed XP onto my computer with motherboard    GA-H55M-UD2H, Rev 1.0       

But now my device manager showing yellow ? on the section     " Other Devices "     The 5 items showing are :     Eternet Controller    PCI Device    PCI Simple Communication Controller    SM Bus Controller  Video Controller ( VGA Compatiable )

Websites like          Download.com,   AOL,   MSN,  just sit there doing nothing...!!

I got onto Facebook but even that said basic use only, as the brosewr needs upgrading, which it will not do...????

How do i rectify this please....???

Ps      Went onto Gigabyte website on diff comp, but didnt know where to start looking...!!

Thanks   
Thank You

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Device Manager Help..
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:40:19 pm »
Hi there,

If you go here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3309#dl you can download the drivers for your motherboard. You will need to select the correct operating system from the drop down menu.

If it is the 32 bit version of XP then you will need the following:

Both of the available Audio Drivers
Both of the Chipset drivers
The Realtek PCIe LAN Driver (the 2nd item) The first can be downloaded but is only a diagnostic tool and isn't essential.
The VGA Driver.

Hope this helps
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 11:16:33 pm »
Thank you for your quick reply.

I hope iv'e done this right, but i clicked on that link and at each command on each item i clicked     " save "....then when that finished   " run"     then      " extract "....

I now have 6 folders on my desktop and 6 boxes with wot looks like 7 z  on them.....  ??

What do i do now ...??

Thanks....
Thank You

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 07:26:06 am »
the files you have downloaded are 7Zip files which are zipped folders.

You should be able to just double click on a folder, which will then extract the data to another folder. It should ask you where you want to extract the files to, save them to your desktop so they are easy to find.

Once you have extracted the files you will need to run the Setup file, by double clicking it, to install the drivers.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 09:30:00 am »
 Thank you once again....   got 5 out of 6 loaded....!!!

Just one thing,   The VGA driver won't install...  !!

It says    " Please install latest version of Microsoft . Net Framework   etc

When i clicked ok/yes            a box appeared with   " your computer does not meet the requirements needed to install "

What can i do to correct this...?

Thanks   
Thank You

geekyadz

• In the land of the geeks
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 12:30:47 pm »
Use windows update to see if that will sort it out
Nothing to see here, move along....

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 05:36:07 pm »
 I just tried to get updates from windows, and there is a few links on there that say  win updates no longer work on xp unless serv pack 3 is installed......  which is wot im missing.....  talk about stupid set up....  well done windows....!!!!!!!!!!

and the download.com version is riddled with comments " Not to use it, as its faulty "  !!!

any ideas of where i can get serv-pak 3....   how much is it , if it can be purchased...???

Thank You

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 07:09:54 pm »
If you are running a legitimate version of Windows then you can download it from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=24 as a standalone package. Or, if you have your internet connection working you can get through Windows Update.

Sadly, if you are running a hooky copy of XP then you are on your own, but remember google is your friend.  :P

geekyadz

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 09:06:34 pm »
Or assuming that they have the original disk, they could ask someone to copy and integrate SP3 into a new disc - save screwing around next time you need to do a reformat
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:07:06 pm by cchaos »

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 09:28:09 pm »
 Its Genuine Version..... but only with sp2 attacthed.........  and like i said, Windows now req us to have sp3 in order to get any updates...

and that link to download it...

1   if i click Save it to comp, it says it will take 22hrs 50 mins.......
      2   if i click Run, it says 89hrs and 30 mins.............

i let both them run for a few 20 mins, and they never moved fast....
                  ( although dwnloadin ) got to 1%

will keep looking   

Thanks again
Thank You

geekyadz

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 12:59:43 pm »
Its Genuine Version..... but only with sp2 attacthed.........  and like i said, Windows now req us to have sp3 in order to get any updates...
OK, so how about getting someone to do a copy of that disk with SP3 integrated into it? Lot less hassle ;)

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 03:18:42 pm »
    The saga continues.... !!!!!!

Got my local community computer hub to make me a copy of that link, as well as downloading a version from downloads.com...

neither of them will load fully...  saying i do not have the administration to do so,,,,

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhh    !!!!!!!
Thank You

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 06:58:50 pm »
Thanks to everyone who helped.......... 

Done it     !!!!!!!

no more issues to solve....

Thanks again........
Thank You

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 07:21:00 pm »
Pleased you got it sorted and don't you just love Microsoft!  :P

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 07:23:39 pm »
  i do now......    ;)
Thank You