not sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: March 18, 2013, 12:01:01 am

G.1 Assassin 1366 comp. win 8

G.1 Assassin 1366 comp. win 8
« on: March 13, 2013, 12:01:01 am »
Hi Gigabyte staff,

im asking myself about to change or not to win 8 on my g1 assassin 1366 but im not sure yet and i want to know if this board its fully compatible with this new O.S from microsoft???. or if some user already have it install. how its working. its doing ok?. It's a good option or maintain 7.

thanks a lot.

zerowing

Re: G.1 Assassin 1366 comp. win 8
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 01:40:38 am »
Unless you need Windows8 to play some games that will be developed for Windows8... just don't bother. Avoid it like the plague.
Windows8 and Windows Server 2012 with the atrocious Metro/ModernUI are a huge childish silly unusable mess. It's not worth wasting time with any of those.
They are such a mess that it's not worth installing even pirated copies of those if you got any.
Compatibility is broken with just too many programs. Even professional expensive products like Autodesk Autocad and other programs have serious compatibility issues with Windows8 and so with Windows Server 2012 too.
Productivity wise Windows8 is absolutely useless. Even installing tools like Classic Shell to bring back the start menu and shut down most of Metro/ModernUI won't solve all the other issues.
And upcoming Windows Blue service pack for Windows8 and Windows Server 2012 is not going to solve anything, Microsoft is still not willing to drop the mess they did with the awful MetroUI.
Practically 99% of major businesses, corporations/companies and so the enterprise business sector are really skipping both Windows8 and WindowsServer2012, just deploying Windows7 right now to replace WindowsXP.
But Microsoft managers with Steve Ballmer are so arrogant and dumb enough to spite on all their customers base, wanting to force the silly childish Metro/ModernUI at any cost and so they even recently announced that they won't be releasing a ServicePack2 for Windows7. Trying to oblige users to move to Windows8. That is not going to happen. Business users will keep waiting even for 6-7 years just like they did with WindowsXP as long as security hotfixes got released.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:45:47 am by zerowing »

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 02:05:18 am »
Hi Zerowing,

you have a good point, and im agree with you i didnt like it win 8, and the environment of the screen from metro as you said its a mess, i just want to know if its compatible because i have to reinstall my win 7 and want to take the opportunity to test myself the win 8 on my pc, but yes the win 7 its totally the replace for win xp the best on years of microsoft O.S systems. and actually win 7 its being use on where i work and my last work was changing from xp to win 7 already before i change to my actual job.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:11:26 am by Aldrades »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 02:29:44 pm »
My son in law is running it for me from my Microsoft MAPS. He is running all the games on it and all of his programs work on it too.

Yes Microsoft shot themselves in the foot with this one. But like Win 7 is Vista but with all the fixes. Like Win 8 is Win 7 with the Stupid Metro.

There are programs out there that you can download as a  3rd party programs that bring the start button back and turn off the metro.

One program that I have tried is call start is back. You can't uninstall metro because it part of the code. Microsoft has lost about 25% / 30% sales on this one.

Plus one other thing is that Win 8 you don't need a antivirus it is built in. Yes you can install one but you don't need too.   
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 10:13:32 pm »
Hi dmdilks,

so you tell me to install windows 8 could be a good think. and if i understand wright, win 8 may be compatible with my motherboard. cause as far as i know win 8 it's for uefi motherboards and g1 assassin socket 1366 its EFI as far as i know. but im thinking on just install the SO and see wath happen. im going to be looking here for any comment for now before i install win 8 and see how it runs for me and my experience.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 06:31:18 am »
This is the MB that he is using it on GA-EX58-UD3R 1366. The only problem people are having with it is the metro. It is just like when Vista came out.

No body like it because you couldn't find any thing. But old billy boy could have fix everything in Vista with a service pack.

Now we have Win 8 and we have the Metro that nobody likes. Plus again nobody can find any thing in it.

All it is like I said is Win 7 with metro. All you can do is give it a try and see if you like it. I have people that like it and I have people that want to take a hammer to their computer.

If you sick trying to find your way around in it. like I said install the 3rd party software start is back.

X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.