Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA790X-UD4P Can't load Vista

GA-MA790X-UD4P Can't load Vista
« on: January 24, 2010, 03:02:07 am »
Any help is greatly appreciated.Did a new build and it worked fine for a day,then it stopped.
I have tried loading Vista but its not detecting any drive and I reformatted them,then it detected
and proceeded to load.The problem is the install  stops half way and the board dosent find the drive,
on the restart.Ive been reading and tried everything listed here.The hard drives show in the bios.
The board is flashed to the latest bios.At this point im out of solutions.

orrgii

Re: GA-MA790X-UD4P Can't load Vista
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 07:35:56 am »
How are you connecting your hard drives (SATA/IDE)?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-MA790X-UD4P Can't load Vista
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 11:56:38 am »
Hi, this might not be an HDD drive issue. Are you installing Vista from a legitimate Disk or from one that you have downloaded and burnt yourself? The problem could be with the DVD/CD not being read correctly. I have encountered this issue on a build I did a fortnight ago with Windows 7 and had to change the DVD/CD drive to an older one that  I had, as the new DVD/CD Drive  wouldn't read the DVD I had burnt as a back-up of Windows 7 properly.  When I used the Original disk (that I had left at work) a day later, it installed without any issues using the new DVD/CD Drive.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.