Official GIGABYTE Forum

PC shutting down for 5 sec. during re-start process

PC shutting down for 5 sec. during re-start process
« on: April 17, 2013, 03:43:36 am »
Hi,

It is very nice to be in this forum with so many knowledgeable people.  I am new to the Motherboard technology so I am asking you guys to please be patience with me  ;)   

I have had for almost three years, a H55M-USB3 (Socket 1156 -  Rev. 2.0 & BIOS  F10) Gigabyte Motherboard, which works fine, really, no complaints except for:

Each time I re-Start the PC and immediately BEFORE the Gigabyte Logo appears (you know the one that presents the options for tweaking the BIOS and/or the boot process), the PC SHUTS-DOWN totally for almost 5 seconds (it ALWAYS behaves like this, every time I re-boot) and it turns ON again by itself, after this period of time to finish the boot process.

I got used to it and I know it never fails, so this is no big deal, but I am kind of curious.

BTW, this behavior appeared almost by the time I bought it and of course I asked the  "guru" guy from the store that sold it to me and he told me it was normal (which I knew it wasn´t, but since it always turns on again fine, I let this issue pass.  Also, the BIOS is F10 which I updated fine from F9

Thanks a lot
Enrique Diazruanova

Motherboard: H55M-USB3
CPU: Intel Core i7 860
RAM: 8 Gb DDR3
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5670 w/1Gb memory

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: PC shutting down for 5 sec. during re-start process
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 04:46:24 am »
The guy is right some of the boards out there do a reboot thing and I myself at first thought the same thing.

Was there something wrong or is it normal. My x79 board will do it some times. I can't tell you which boards do it and which ones don't.

I feel as long as it is booting into windows and you are not having any problems than everything must be fine.   
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

najiro

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 05:33:13 am »
This is not rare. I have a similar motherboard that does that. An Intel DP67BG. Same thing, I restart the computer and it totally shuts itself down for 2-3 seconds and goes back up again for the "restart". Doesn't really cause any problem but it is weird to see it TOTALLY shut down like all fans stop spinning, led lights turned off etc... really odd since I don't really see that from other motherboards or other intel boards of another model. Like you said, the system also doesn't fail... it just DO THAT when restarting.. So I guess it kinda happens... maybe we should wait to the Gigabyte guys to tell you why but for now, I can tell you that I (or perhaps some) also experience that.
WordPress Site Builder - Content Writer - Economist - PC Hardware Enthusiast - Gamer - Foodie

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 01:12:46 pm »
Thank you guys for your replies,

I also thought it was not normal, but knowing that some of you have the same behavior, is somehow comforting,  but as Najiro says, it would be nice an opinion from some one from Gigabyte.
Enrique Diazruanova

Motherboard: H55M-USB3
CPU: Intel Core i7 860
RAM: 8 Gb DDR3
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5670 w/1Gb memory

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 01:45:44 pm »
The first time was on a Abit board IX38 QuadGT and that was about 6 yrs ago. So it has been around for some time.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.