Official GIGABYTE Forum

X58A-UD3R Boot times incredibly slow?

X58A-UD3R Boot times incredibly slow?
« on: April 04, 2013, 05:26:45 am »
Recently, my motherboard has been serioulsy PMS'ing. Mind you, I'm not even sure that it is my motherboard, but sometimes upon turning on my PC, it will just sit at displaying the title of the motherboard for 10 minutes, before actually going through, identifying the CPU and hard drives.

I'm probably moderate in computer usage in comparison to most on here, I know my way around a computer, but when it comes to diagnosing physical issues with my computer I'm hopeless. Before I pay to get my machine fixed, I thought I could drop by here to see if all I would have to do would be to reset default BIOS settings or something simular.

Any and all help is welcome, again the motherboard is a X58A-UD3R

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: X58A-UD3R Boot times incredibly slow?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 07:35:06 am »
Hi there,

these kind of issues can be really frustrating and, as you have said, can be due to any number of things. If you could post back with a full list of the other hardware you are using, CPU, Hard drive(s), RAM, DVD Drives, PSU, Mouse, Keyboard, BIOS Version, etc., it could help with diagnosing the cause of the problem.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 03:05:10 pm »
You can try one thing to see what it is doing, Go into the bios and than go into Advance bios features.

Then go down and disable the full screen logo. Plus when you are in there make sure the Quick boot is enabled.

Then save & exit and see what it is doing on the screen. At that point it has already check your CPU, Memory, & Video card that are installed.

At that screen it is testing your memory and loading the device like your HD, DVD, & DVD\rw. But if it is taking a long time test your memory.

I would first reseat all the memory and try it again. If it still does the same thing try running one stick at a time to see if one stick is bad.

If it has tested your memory & is OK. Then it is taking a long time loading your drives. It could be a couple things.

One check all your connections by unplugging them and plugging them back in.

If it is still doing it than you might have a bad drive or it could be going bad. At that point I would unplug one at time to find which one is doing it. 
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 04:30:42 pm »
My MB GA-x58a-ud3r started doing this last week.  My OS drive was on GSATA3_6, then half the time it would indicate missing OS.  I checked boot order and the drive showed up.  Once I moved my OS drive off the Marvell 9128 and to the Intel ICH10R ports, it stopped doing that.  I re flashed the BIOS and still did the same thing.