Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77-HD3 usb port problems

GA-Z77-HD3 usb port problems
« on: April 08, 2013, 03:38:17 pm »
Hi,

I have a new desktop computer running Windows 7 with a GA-Z77-HD3 motherboard and a Radeon 7850 graphics card and an i5 processor. I am connecting the desktop to a projector only via the hdmi port in the graphics card with no other monitor connected.  I am using this computer to run golf simulation software wherein a golf sensor circuit board is connected as a serial to usb connection to the computer.  The sensor mat works fine with my laptop running an i7 processor but much weaker graphics card.  My problems:

1.  For the most part, the golf simulation software works great with beautiful graphics and smooth gameplay.  Often, with slow swing speeds i.e putts and short chips, the golf ball does not move in the simulation software.  I know the swing is registered by the sensor mat because a separate program runs in the background to show the sensor board activity.  All drivers are up to date and device manager shows no problems.  I have tried all 7 usb ports and they all work the same.  Could this be a conflict with my motherboard?  A data transfer problem with my hdmi cable?  A graphics card problem?  Any suggestions?

2.  The projector is not detected as a projector, only as a monitor no matter what I do.  Could this affect the above problem?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:17:41 pm by padre1161 »