Official GIGABYTE Forum

Running HDD on MrB GA-P67A-D3-B3

Running HDD on MrB GA-P67A-D3-B3
« on: April 09, 2013, 01:24:39 pm »
I wish to know if is possible to run this HDD http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/136460/HDD_INTERNAL_SATA-II_DRIVES/Western_Digital/WD1002FAEX.asp
on Gigabyte MrB - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3800#ov
Need to know if possible to install Windows 8 and running HDD on AHCI RAID (master) mode and what settings need to do when i go in bios?
Last hard was WD green 2 TB SATA III and i cant install windows 7 on it!

MODERATOR EDIT: Removed double post and moved to Intel section as the question relates to this platform.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:35:07 pm by absic »

najiro

Re: Running HDD on MrB GA-P67A-D3-B3
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 01:41:47 pm »
what was the error message you got using the WD green drives? I never heard of somebody having problems with hard drives in installing an OS... have you tried using a different sata cable?
WordPress Site Builder - Content Writer - Economist - PC Hardware Enthusiast - Gamer - Foodie

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 02:16:16 pm »
first was: Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. I Install it from USB
After installing windows from my SSD hard on WD HDD windows start but next massage was - cant boot from hdd insert system this and press enter!
Atm if i try to run windows on WD hard drive i need to power on and SSD hard. I make from BIOS all options for Master and slave. Interesting is this that when i ty to run windows 7  with AHCI mode pc jsut non stop rebooting. Im sure that cables are OK and ports are ok too.

najiro

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 04:03:55 pm »
Hmmm.. can you boot the system with only the boot drive attached? Don't attach other drives yet. Heard a similar problem in another forum wherein the guy needs to manually press F8 every boot to select the proper boot drive
WordPress Site Builder - Content Writer - Economist - PC Hardware Enthusiast - Gamer - Foodie

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 04:09:46 pm »
System boot proper only from SSD. When i plug in WD HDD and unplug SSD i got massage: cant boot from hdd insert system disk and press enter. Only way to start windows from WD hard disk is to plug SSD :(